Fuji Fujifilm Announces XF 56mm F1.2 R Lens and Adds Five Lenses to 2014 Roadmap

Amin

Hall of Famer
Link: FUJINON XF56mmF1.2 R | Lenses | FUJIFILM X Series & GFX – Global

Fujifilm.com said:
A fast F1.2 lens with a focal length of 85mm* that delivers beautiful background bokeh so it's ideal for portraiture. The lens' incredible resolving power is thanks to a new optical design featuring 11 elements in 8 groups. Two ED (extra-low dispersion) elements and one double-sided aspherical element are used to control spherical and chromatic aberrations, while a further four of the elements feature convex surfaces to ensure excellent light coverage, even when shooting wide open.

B&H pre-order: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1021630-REG/fujifilm_xf_56mm_f_1_2_r.html/BI/1848/KBID/2491

In addition, Fuji has added 5 more lenses to their 2014 roadmap:

• XF16-55mmF2.8 R OIS standard zoom lens
  • XF50-140mmF2.8 R OIS tele-photo zoom
  • XF18-135mmF3.5-5.6 R OIS zoom lens
  • Super telephoto zoom lens (late 2014/early 2015)
  • Fast wide angle prime lens

I think it's a nice start. Of course, this roadmap is not complete (the last one wasn't, either), so there will be a few surprises along the way.

pic_01.jpg

News | Fujifilm [Japan]

Impressive! I think Fuji is really tuned in on building out this roadmap exactly as needed to make this a solid system. Start out with a solid set of key primes and faster-than-normal zooms, flesh it out with a few extra XC lenses, and then come in the next year with the fast constant-aperture zooms and some speciality lenses.

I think it's a nice start. Of course, this roadmap is not complete (the last one wasn't, either), so there will be a few surprises along the way.

Do you know something that we don't ? :confused:

Just tell me that there a good telephoto (75-300 or similar) coming soon and I will be happy :)

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk 2

Still no portrait length prime to compete with the Oly 75mm. An 85-90mm equivalent just doesn't cut it for me - I'd really like something in the 120-150 range. The 50-140 f2.8 looks like it would handle some of that, but I'd much rather have something like an 85 or 100 at f 1.8 or even f2.0. That extra stop when shooting low light candids can really matter. The lack of such a lens on the current roadmap is a big part of what chased me away from Fuji in the first place and back to m43. Surprised to see it's still missing...

-Ray

Still no portrait length prime to compete with the Oly 75mm. An 85-90mm equivalent just doesn't cut it for me - I'd really like something in the 120-150 range. The 50-140 f2.8 looks like it would handle some of that, but I'd much rather have something like an 85 or 100 at f 1.8 or even f2.0. That extra stop when shooting low light candids can really matter. The lack of such a lens on the current roadmap is a big part of what chased me away from Fuji in the first place and back to m43. Surprised to see it's still missing...

Yeah I've said before something like a 135mm f/2 would be a great addition to the Fuji lineup.

Not a deal breaker for me by any means, and personally the 56mm is more appealing to me first priority-wise. But eventually a longish fast prime would be awesome.

-Ray

The Rokinon 85 1.4 is now available.

Back