Meetup Fujifilm Canada - Meetup and Try out the X's

To our friends NOT in the GTA - anything you want me to test or ask tomorrow?

I'm mostly interested in the new FW for the X-E1 and X-Pro 1, but can spend time doing other stuff too.

Let me know.

Update: They didn't have the new firmware on their bodies. Billy from Fujiguys said he doesn't have it either.

They had the X-M1. Feels and operates exactly like you'd imagine. Didn't spend too much time with it to be honest.

They had the technical director from Japan which oversaw the X Series. He was quite enthusiastic and was happy to see an X100S strapped to me.

For other info, I gathered that Billy will be seeing the 23 and 56 primes in December at the EARLIEST. He admits that he is just as anxious as the rest of us to see them.

Cool, thanks for the report.

I don't know why but I'm particularly interested in the X-M1, even though few others seem to be. I probably won't do anything about it for quite a while...but the smallness and the tilt screen are quite attractive to me.

You Canadians have a faster pipeline to Fuji gear than us in the U.S. ....Lucky!;)
Did they have the 27mm? I saw someone posted on DPreview who had one.

You Canadians have a faster pipeline to Fuji gear than us in the U.S. ....Lucky!;)
Did they have the 27mm? I saw someone posted on DPreview who had one.

Yes, a few stores across Canada has them, my local dealer also has stock here in Toronto but that's not a focal length i shoot normally. I was hoping for a fast 23 which is being nicely filled right now with a X100(s) :p

Some photos from the event...

...i waited long enough for someone else to post as i just usually point and shoot everything on "auto" forgive me :p

being a shy shooter, i decided to hide in the bushes to catch the animals in their natural habitat ...

...I heard some cackling over yonder and snuck up on species "caterers", i was spotted and most of the flock flew all but a few who were still deciding 'flight or fight" ...

...i then relocated to the demo location, where they had a mini studio setup to demo software yada yada, yes that's how i heard it *lol* (not too technical between these ears...sorry)

...i stumbled upon a previous feeding frenzy ...

...which i found out that from species "caterers" had this gentleman working hard to refill for the next feeding frenzy ...

as usual, i had arrived fashionably late, unprepared and left shortly in such fashion, there was a media meeting going on with the dude from Fujifilm and i left before the next hoarde arrived. In short a good event with more likely in the future but as i left there were MANY loot bags still remaining along with name tags...hope you guys/gals did make it?

I am currently offering my own "Rent a flysurfer" meetups here in Germany (Nuremberg area), since the stable is cramped with vacation kids, and since I have all X camera models and all X lenses and most of the accessories, anyway. It's fun to meet other forum members, exchange views and get to try out cameras and lenses "in the field".

as usual, i had arrived fashionably late, unprepared and left shortly in such fashion, there was a media meeting going on with the dude from Fujifilm and i left before the next hoarde arrived. In short a good event with more likely in the future but as i left there were MANY loot bags still remaining along with name tags...hope you guys/gals did make it?

I take it you didn't win the X-M1 either?

Sorta bummed out it wasn't me...

Peter, your descriptions and photos to illustrate said outing made me laugh - out loud! You're very funny and I love your honesty!:biggrin_old: I'm still chuckling!

Rico, that's a very nice offer - I'd think if anyone was in your area that it would be wonderful to meet up. I've been wondering about your stable...and all those kids, assumed most were related to you. You live in such a gorgeous area!

I take it you didn't win the X-M1 either?

Sorta bummed out it wasn't me...

No, i didn't...i didn't know if i had to stick around for a draw or not but i was thinking of not attending but i had to drop in my Canon 1Dx for their service advisory over at Canon nearby so i dropped in...i had a good time although brief and the loot bag had some nice stuff. Those ladies at the front were pooped from all those bags and labels/name tags. There was a guy with an M9 there...you? I gave him the finger cross, he was amused...i think :)
I have the Xs i want so, winning the X M1 wasn't on my mind, i just wanted to record the event for others in here to see as it was their first i was told and there may be more in the future hence my statement on the "number of loot bags and name tags" remaining when i had left around 2pm?

Hopefully somone in this forum got it?

Peter, your descriptions and photos to illustrate said outing made me laugh - out loud! You're very funny and I love your honesty!:biggrin_old: I'm still chuckling!

Thank you,.

No, i didn't...i didn't know if i had to stick around for a draw or not but i was thinking of not attending but i had to drop in my Canon 1Dx for their service advisory over at Canon nearby so i dropped in...i had a good time although brief and the loot bag had some nice stuff. Those ladies at the front were pooped from all those bags and labels/name tags. There was a guy with an M9 there...you? I gave him the finger cross, he was amused...i think :)
I have the Xs i want so, winning the X M1 wasn't on my mind, i just wanted to record the event for others in here to see as it was their first i was told and there may be more in the future hence my statement on the "number of loot bags and name tags" remaining when i had left around 2pm?

Hopefully somone in this forum got it?

I went after work, so around 6 or so. I was the cameraless guy haha. Just my iPhone in one hand and sliders in the other ;)

Back