Fuji Showcase Fujifilm Classic Chrome Film Simulation

XV002824Silk10rr.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Taken with the 'Classic Chrome' setting on my X30, late at night, on the street in a small Oregon town.

X30_The_Elf_Made_Me_Do_It.jpg

And, at the risk of repeating myself, I just have to say it again: the quality and versatility - and all-around usability - of this almost-but-not-quite-semi-pocketable smaller small-sensored Fuji... keeps surprising me.

I don't use my X30 every day - but most of the time, I keep it on the Classic Chrome film simulation setting and... it keeps giving me colours that I find both startling... and (I realize this is a subjective 'take') film-like.

This was a late afternoon winter skyline, just outside my house, in Oregon.

X30_Feb16_21_Winter_afternoon_cloudy_sky.jpg

"SUMMER" Created by Joe D'Agostino
Film simulation: Classic chrome
Grain effect: off
Color chrome effect: strong
Color chrome effect blue: off
White balance: kelvin 7100, -3 red, -2 blue
Dynamic range: dr400
Highlight: -2
Shadow: -2
Color: +4
Sharpening: 0
Noise reduction: -4
Clarity: -5

XP303511Silk10rr.jpg
XP303519Silk10rr.jpg
XP303521Silk10rr.jpg
XP303523Silk10rr.jpg
XP303526Silk10rr.jpg
XP303527Silk10rr.jpg
XP303528Silk10rr.jpg
XP303531Silk10rr.jpg
XP303533Silk10rr.jpg
XP303534Silk10rr.jpg

Updating this older (but still cool) thread devoted to the Classic Chrome film simulation on different Fuji X-Cameras, a landscape taken today using the CC film sim, on my tiny small-sensored X30. I am still a huge fan of this in-camera jpeg 'look'.

X30_Jan16_22_Emigrant_Lake_in_winter.jpg

Cross-posted in the Vision 2022 thread.

Updating this older (but still cool) thread devoted to the Classic Chrome film simulation on different Fuji X-Cameras, a landscape taken today using the CC film sim, on my tiny small-sensored X30. I am still a huge fan of this in-camera jpeg 'look'.

View attachment 287295

Cross-posted in the Vision 2022 thread.

Count me as another fan. It's still my default color look in Fujiland. I do tend to shoot more in monochrome, but when using color it is usually a flavor of classic chrome.

While it looks very cool in your shot here, I passionately hate the Classic Chrome skies in most photos. I adore the actual color of blue skies, especially the light blue around 9 or 10 in the morning, and I love seeing that reproduced faithfully in my photos, hence I shoot the Pro Negs exclusively. Also Classic Chrome's skin tones are very hit and miss to my eyes; superb in some shots, and rubber-like in others. I do love what it does to wood though...

I wind up using the Classic Chrome film simulation on about 97% of the shots I take with my tiny X30 compact camera. CC's dark tones, muted-but-rich saturation and contrast fascinated me when I first discovered it, and they still continue to surprise and satisfy me, even when used for feline portraits.

X30_Jan30_22_afternoon_Cat.jpg

Another relatively recent use of Classic Chrome on my X30, looking into a shop window in Salem, Oregon.

X30_Mar4_22_OPEN(Salem,OR).jpg

Another of the (quite a few, actually) reasons why Fuji cameras have been slowly but surely converting me into a jpeg (as opposed to RAW) shooter: their in-camera film simulation jpeg's are so damn sweet.

Classic Chrome is my second favourite film simulation, these were taken just yesterday using the Kodak Brilliance film recipe based on Classic Chrome.

Dirt road through the fields...
52068214923_b620b73f8d_o.jpg
DSCF2943_AP by Kaltpfote, auf Flickr

...asparagus harvest, the harvesters have already left.
52068214953_6fff85885d_o.jpg
DSCF2945_AP by Kaltpfote, auf Flickr

Boxes waiting to be filled.
52068683930_2df7f0ca0e_o.jpg
DSCF2950_AP by Kaltpfote, auf Flickr

Classic Chrome is my second favourite film simulation, these were taken just yesterday using the Kodak Brilliance film recipe based on Classic Chrome.

Dirt road through the fields...
View attachment 310128DSCF2943_AP by Kaltpfote, auf Flickr

...asparagus harvest, the harvesters have already left.
View attachment 310129DSCF2945_AP by Kaltpfote, auf Flickr

Boxes waiting to be filled.
View attachment 310130DSCF2950_AP by Kaltpfote, auf Flickr

I really like this series of images, Phil.

While riding a bike path through the woods, I suddenly feld an uncomfortable stare upon me. I quickly realized it came from a wooden creature gazing upon me. Luckily it was well fed already and let me pass unharmed. Shot with Classic Chrome as a base, I think it was the Kodak Ektar 100 recipe, but I am not sure.

52138325650_a90db042b0_o.jpg
DSCF0154_AP by Kaltpfote, auf Flickr

Back