Fuji FujiFilm Festival - NYC

Ty S.

Regular
Anyone giving some thought to going to the FujiFilm Festival in NYC , September 16-17, 2017? Wondering what others may be thinking about this event. Thanks ~John

So that folks may have a better idea of what it's about:

Announcing the Fujifilm Festival, featuring workshops and hands-on sessions in New York City

It sounds neat. I would be very interested in the Off-Camera Lighting piece; and how they skin that cat if they're only using OEM equipment given what Godox etc., have recently done for Fuji Wireless TTL. As for the rest of it, nothing else really catches my attention. Don't get me wrong, I love seeing other people's work and how they approach a given subject or genre, but it would take a lot more to drag me down there.

Notably there are many Fuji-oriented (but not necessarily endorsed) workshops and field trips that you could consider if you wanted more shooting opportunities in unique places. I'm not affiliated with any of these outfits, but here's a smattering:

2017 Fuji “X” Photo WORKSHOP SCHEDULE–NEW LOCATIONS!!!

2017 Fujifilm X-Photographers Nature & Travel Summits | Dan Bailey's Adventure Photography Blog

USA Events

Notably, hey, there's one near me - in Boston, but I'm already committed to the Newport Jazz Fest this weekend. But for those in or near the city - go for it, it's free:

FUJIFILM X Series Instameet Boston, August 2017

So that folks may have a better idea of what it's about:

Announcing the Fujifilm Festival, featuring workshops and hands-on sessions in New York City

It sounds neat. I would be very interested in the Off-Camera Lighting piece; and how they skin that cat if they're only using OEM equipment given what Godox etc., have recently done for Fuji Wireless TTL. As for the rest of it, nothing else really catches my attention. Don't get me wrong, I love seeing other people's work and how they approach a given subject or genre, but it would take a lot more to drag me down there.

Notably there are many Fuji-oriented (but not necessarily endorsed) workshops and field trips that you could consider if you wanted more shooting opportunities in unique places. I'm not affiliated with any of these outfits, but here's a smattering:

2017 Fuji “X” Photo WORKSHOP SCHEDULE–NEW LOCATIONS!!!

2017 Fujifilm X-Photographers Nature & Travel Summits | Dan Bailey's Adventure Photography Blog

USA Events

Notably, hey, there's one near me - in Boston, but I'm already committed to the Newport Jazz Fest this weekend. But for those in or near the city - go for it, it's free:

FUJIFILM X Series Instameet Boston, August 2017

Thank you for the various event schedules. Regarding the "Off Camera" discussion, in the unlikely event you don't know David Hobby he's extremely knowledgeable on the subject and a very down-to-earth type of guy. There's one event near me (I'm near Asheville, NC) in the Smokies but it's sold out.

Thanks again for the list!

Back