Fuji Fujifilm Finepix X100 - Pricing, Availability and general OMG

Helen, many thanks for taking the time to explain how it all works - and for the link to that video, which I've just watched, too. It really is very helpful to get the big but also detailed picture of how things work for Adorama and for most camera stores. That is quite an operation - I think I'd like to have one of those computer scanners for my husband's basement "warehouse"!:D

But seriously, this was very helpful to me and gives me a much clearer understanding of all the steps involved. I think that in situations such as what's been going on with the Fuji X100 - with its being The Long Awaited New Camera, plus the disasters in Japan and the impact it has had on the industry, has all added to the difficulties that everyone from manufacturer to individual would be purchaser are experiencing....and that the climate has been ripe for theories and rumors. Let's face it, most of us have been grasping at straws. So, I really appreciate your laying things out for us here as to how things work generally speaking - and specifically at Adorama.

I've always been the type that if I know a bit more about what's going on, I can be more patient...even if it's just a general big picture. That's how I feel when I'm stuck in a giant traffic jam on the New Jersey Turnpike, too.;) (For those who don't know the infamous New Jersey Turnpike, count your blessings!).

Again, Helen - thanks so much! And, in addition, welcome to Serious Compacts!:th_salute:

X100 will be shipping soon from Amazon

Don and I both ordered our cameras from Amazon back on February 18th, and just got word they're to be shipped "soon"! ETA is possibly the 6th. So don't lose hope! These long awaited cameras are coming in...and soon I hope those here who've been waiting won't have to wait too much longer.(y)

Don and I both ordered our cameras from Amazon back on February 18th, and just got word they're to be shipped "soon"! ETA is possibly the 6th. So don't lose hope! These long awaited cameras are coming in...and soon I hope those here who've been waiting won't have to wait too much longer.(y)

Sounds like the right place to pre-order this time. They were selling a number of cameras as "in-stock" on their site for a while last night, which means they SHOULD have filled all of their pre-orders first. Glad to hear yours are on the way! Now you just have to survive the next few days of ramped up anticipation!

-Ray

I got a "sent to warehouse" status yesterday from B&H and now it's on the way. It will arrive sometime around mid-day today. Now about that filter adapter and hood I ordered a couple of days after ordering the camera. :rolleyes:
Good luck to everyone on their pre-orders.
. . . Burkey

Wow, it really sounds as though many of us are finally going to get these cameras! :grouphug:

Well you're ahead of me Burkey - I just started thinking about filter adapters. Can you buy one without the lens hood????

Hello BB,
Yes, you can. B&H has them on their site but not available yet. They are - Fujifilm AR-X100 Adapter Ring, about $49. My x100 arrived today and I'm just getting used to it. Very nice, smaller than I thought which I much prefer. The menus are complex and really do require some "sit down" time. I put a dark brown A&A cloth strap on it. Now it's stating to look right. ;)
I've ordered the hood and filter adapter from B&H and its backordered. In the meantime I'll use a reversed step down ring and vented hood off from da' Bay.
Images soon I hope. A big thank you to B&H for coming through.
. . . Burkey

:yahoo: Lucky you!!! Congratulations to you, Burkey and thanks for the heads up to the adapter ring sans hood, too.;)

Can't wait to see and read what your reactions are. T minus a day or two and counting here, knock on wood.

I guess this falls into the general OMG category......(that stands for Other Mechanical Gadgets, right? ;)).

I picked up an X100 yesterday.....something that wasn't quite on the top of my wishlist. I got it home and while charging the battery compiled a short list of adjectives.....which includes beautiful, small, and substantive. After putting the battery in it and playing around I added a short list of expletives and a few WTF's.....which I won't put down because BB will quickly edit them out :).

I actually read through the manual.....another acronym here (RTFM) and will bring it to work with me today while I try to sort somethings out.

It's definitely not a P&S on steroids.......

R

I placed an order in Amazon for the X100. On the "wait" list now ... Apparently, Amazon had nearly 40 units in the last two nights. And of course I missed them. Which is probably a good thing!

Wow, Amazon must have a lot of fingers in a lot of "pots" - that's great news, Armando! I'm very interested to see what you think about this camera for yourself. I hope you'll be a very happy couple.:flowers_2:

Wow, Amazon must have a lot of fingers in a lot of "pots" - that's great news, Armando! I'm very interested to see what you think about this camera for yourself. I hope you'll be a very happy couple.:flowers_2:

I know! Amazon seems to have gotten a lot of X100 shipments as of late. Steve Huff posted about two shipments -- one of 20 and another 13 -- in the past two weeks. I placed my order with Amazon in early May after I missed out on the second shipment of 13. Less than two weeks later, I should be receiving the X100.

How's that X100 treating you BB? Ready to switch back to m4/3? :)

Back