Film Showcase Fujifilm Fujicolor C200

2018-05-08-0002.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

M.

Very nice image Matt! What camera did you use? Sharp lens!!
I'm just trying to ascertain that ... I shot lots of rolls but wasn't able to keep up with scanning and documenting. But judging from the whole roll, it's most probably the Minox GT-E (it's definitely a compact - I managed to put my finger in the frame a couple of times ... :rolleyes:); I think it's a little too crisp to be the Leica AF-C1 (the Minolta in disguise). Sorry I can't be more precise ... it's a nuisance, but with the new scanner, digitising a roll isn't a chore anymore, so I should be able to clear the backlog in the not-too-distant future, and once that's done, I'll make sure I know what's what from there on. I remember the walk in question, though ... that's a relief. I also know I did carry more than one camera, so there's more to come. But I'm quite sure it'll all be mixed up. I have more usable shots from that roll, so a few more will turn up here.

M.

I'm just trying to ascertain that ... I shot lots of rolls but wasn't able to keep up with scanning and documenting. But judging from the whole roll, it's most probably the Minox GT-E (it's definitely a compact - I managed to put my finger in the frame a couple of times ... :rolleyes:); I think it's a little too crisp to be the Leica AF-C1 (the Minolta in disguise). Sorry I can't be more precise ... it's a nuisance, but with the new scanner, digitising a roll isn't a chore anymore, so I should be able to clear the backlog in the not-too-distant future, and once that's done, I'll make sure I know what's what from there on. I remember the walk in question, though ... that's a relief. I also know I did carry more than one camera, so there's more to come. But I'm quite sure it'll all be mixed up. I have more usable shots from that roll, so a few more will turn up here.

M.

Ah I see. So what new scanner did you buy and are using?

Ah I see. So what new scanner did you buy and are using?
The Braun FS120 - I think I posted about it. It's a dedicated film scanner like your Plustek (I believe?), and it's miles ahead of the flatbed I used before it; scratch and dust correction is uncanny, too. The CanoScan 9000F MkII wasn't bad at all, but this one's in a different league, and much quicker and easiser to handle. What's more, I don't feel the need to pp the result. All images form this roll are JPEGs straight from the TIFFs the scanner delivered, no further processing. VueScan works a treat with the scanner, too - which means I'm all set up now. The process is so easy and straightforward that I can work away (or relax) while scanning at the same time - that's a huge improvement over the fiddling and re-scanning I felt was necessary before.

EDIT: Duh ... just noticed that the scanned images aren't yet part of the backup chain; so I can't post any from this computer ... will do so later ...

M.

The Braun FS120 - I think I posted about it. It's a dedicated film scanner like your Plustek (I believe?), and it's miles ahead of the flatbed I used before it; scratch and dust correction is uncanny, too. The CanoScan 9000F MkII wasn't bad at all, but this one's in a different league, and much quicker and easiser to handle. What's more, I don't feel the need to pp the result. All images form this roll are JPEGs straight from the TIFFs the scanner delivered, no further processing. VueScan works a treat with the scanner, too - which means I'm all set up now. The process is so easy and straightforward that I can work away (or relax) while scanning at the same time - that's a huge improvement over the fiddling and re-scanning I felt was necessary before.

EDIT: Duh ... just noticed that the scanned images aren't yet part of the backup chain; so I can't post any from this computer ... will do so later ...

M.

Yes, I have the Plustek 120. It is very nice to have a dedicated film scanner now for 120 as well as 35, my other Plustek only scans 35, and very well too. Thanks for the info on the Braun.

Okay, I have to correct my earlier judgement; it's as good as certain that this *isn't* the Minox GT-E - I have found defocused images that indicate AF acquisition in the center of the frame instead of where I would have wanted to focus - this is typical for the Leica AF-C1; and I think I found some at 80mm, too (see the first two images). Anyhow, still some nice results:
2018-05-10-0003.jpg
2018-05-10-0002.jpg

2018-05-08-0010.jpg

2018-05-08-0011.jpg

2018-05-08-0006.jpg

M.

Finally used this film, I have one or two rolls left, but as I understand it the newer Fuji 200 speed film is really Kodak Gold 200... which is fine, I really like that film, but C200 does have a bit of a special look to it. Developed by Kenmore Camera and scanned on my PI XAs.

Image (4)-2.jpg
Image (8).jpg
Image (10).jpg
Image (11).jpg
Image (13).jpg
Image (17).jpg
Image (20).jpg
Image (21).jpg
Image (24).jpg
Image (25).jpg

Back