Fuji Fujifilm HG-XE1 GRIP for X-E2?

EgillBjarki

Regular
Name
Egill Bjarki
Hello,

Does anyone happen to have tried this? The body has changed very little between X-E1 and X-E2, but I would like to be sure before ordering, will it fit my X-E2?

You might want to consider aftermarket grips also. Here's my thread on one here:

https://www.fujixspot.com/showthread.php?t=1923

The iShoot I use and posted out above has the benefit of allowing access to the battery/SD card while attached and also adds the option for an L plate for tripod use in portrait-orientation.

Good to know, it does not look as nice as the original, but more functional. Thanks for pointing out that option!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I broke down, and bought something similar!

You might want to consider aftermarket grips also. Here's my thread on one here:

https://www.fujixspot.com/showthread.php?t=1923

The iShoot I use and posted out above has the benefit of allowing access to the battery/SD card while attached and also adds the option for an L plate for tripod use in portrait-orientation.

So far I've had no need for the X-E1 grip even when shooting the 55-200mm, but then I am a committed 2-handed shooter.

I've even used the X-E1 without one of those little buttons you all put on your shutters AND with huge gloves on, lol. Call me a traditionalist...

So far I've had no need for the X-E1 grip even when shooting the 55-200mm, but then I am a committed 2-handed shooter.

I've even used the X-E1 without one of those little buttons you all put on your shutters AND with huge gloves on, lol. Call me a traditionalist...

It's definitely not necessary (I used mine without a grip until a couple months ago). That said, it is a big improvement in handling and it offers some nice add-ons, like being able to keep my Capture/tripod plate on without blocking the battery & SD card slot.

But I can't imagine not using a shutter release button :eek: - that's just crazy talk!

:D

Well, what did you expect from me, SANITY? Silly boy, lol...

It's definitely not necessary (I used mine without a grip until a couple months ago). That said, it is a big improvement in handling and it offers some nice add-ons, like being able to keep my Capture/tripod plate on without blocking the battery & SD card slot.

But I can't imagine not using a shutter release button :eek: - that's just crazy talk!

:D

i had a RRS one for my x100s, but wanted the L-bracket. picked up the iShoot one which for all three pieces (bottom qr plate, grip & L-bracket) was about the same price as just the RRS L-bracket. i tried to look up an iShoot one for my x-e2.. there doesn't seem to be one available, at this time. since i already have a RRS one for my x-e2, i just need the L-bracket (i actually do use it). if an entire iShoot kit doesn't show up anytime soon, i'll just have to get the L-bracket from RRS.

2urutaty.jpg

i think why RRS shows the x-e1 kit as not compatible is because of the following...

yqe9adap.jpg

a8e4u4ab.jpg

(Sent from another Galaxy - Tapatalk.)

i had a RRS one for my x100s, but wanted the L-bracket. picked up the iShoot one which for all three pieces (bottom qr plate, grip & L-bracket) was about the same price as just the RRS L-bracket. i tried to look up an iShoot one for my x-e2.. there doesn't seem to be one available, at this time. since i already have a RRS one for my x-e2, i just need the L-bracket (i actually do use it). if an entire iShoot kit doesn't show up anytime soon, i'll just have to get the L-bracket from RRS.

I have the X-E1 iShoot grip, it should be the same as the X-E2 so you can pick one of the X-E1 models up from iShoot if you want the L-bracket setup for it.

EDIT: nevermind, I missed the part in your post about the X-E1 kit being incompatible. That's odd... so you're saying it's incompatible because of the function button placement?

oh, no.. sorry. haha

i believe it's just with the bottom corners of the black trim being wider than the open area of the RRS plate. but it's really only the bottom-right that has the stress. i'll take a pic, later, to show the mark it left.

Yeah the DPR thread says it's the extra screen size/trim causing the problem - bummer! I was banking on reusing the iShoot grip, that makes me even less inclined to pick up an X-E2 right away now knowing I'd have to get a new plate.

8ejy3asy.jpg

^
didn't border shaving left side since it never touched the framing around the screen.

e9y8u5yp.jpg

^
i didn't want to cut all the way through like pics i've seen on dpr from the link you posted. i didn't think it was necessary.

yqepedav.jpg

^
but i did shave a rounded notch in the inner side with my dremel, then dabbed some black rustoleum over it.

zy4uhe2e.jpg

^
so from the outside, it doesn't look all botched up.

medadu6e.jpg

^
i have plenty clearance, now.

Cool, good to know it's an easy mod. I would probably do the same rather than selling and re-buying another grip!

Back