Fuji Fujifilm launches innovative mirrorless digital camera FUJIFILM GFX100.

Maybe we should open a betting book on which one of us here on this forum is going to crack and get this first (and it most certainly won't be me, my kids have not all grown up).
If there was any possible way I could afford it, the first person would be me. While at first I had no interest in this whatsoever. I started seeing work from portrait photographers from the GFX100 and my jaw hit the floor. Including an eleventybillion percent crop that looked as good or better than anything I can produce uncropped.

100MPixel cameras- in the research lab 20 years ago. Cost a lot more than $10K.

I would like to see other numbers such as saturation count and dynamic range on the sensor. My opinion: years ago commercial cameras reached past any reasonable number for pixel count. The need for higher dynamic range is still there. The difference between a film camera and digital can usually be seen in highlights and shadows. Smaller pixels typically have a low saturation count, the "noise floor" is still there.

I will not be buying one, but it cost only 25% more than my 18MPixel M Monochrom. I paid for that and the M9 by selling lenses, mostly Sonnars converted to Leica mount.

Impressive review on DPR. It has some performance issues (who doesn’t?) compared to the FF aristocracy but IQ reigns supreme if you ignore the better MF bodies. I’ll admit that smooth vertical grip baffles me. $10K and they don’t cover it with a grippy surface like every other vertical grip?

Back