Film Fujifilm Neopan SS

Kay

Veteran
I still have 30 or so rolls stashed away. Any experiences with that film, especially with pushing it to somewhere about 400ASA? I got them just before I moved and haven't had a chance to try them yet.

I've only shot a couple of rolls of the SS and then I went back to Acros. I prefer the grain of the Acros film to the SS, but I also didn't try pushing or pulling it. IMO, the difference in grain is very subtle until you start printing larger than 8x10. I also found the SS to have a little more contrast than the Acros. My preference is to control contrast via filters (both with the camera and enlarger) instead of with the film.

I've actually shifted away from the fujifilms after they discontinued their Neopan 400, which is my favorite film at that speed.

Thanks Mijo. From what I found on the web some folks seem to like it quite a bit while others don't care too much about this film. I'm not too big a fan of the 'modern' B&W films myself though, I always come back to some trusty old stuff, lol. Can't wait to get my cameras back and give it a try.

Back