Fuji FujiFilm X-A7 Mirrorless Camera with Lens Kit

CameraderieBot

Helper Bot

COMPACT SIZE, BIG FEATURES

Valhalla, N.Y., September 12, 2019 – The Electronic Imaging Division of FUJIFILM North America Corporation is pleased to announce the launch of its X-A7 mirrorless digital camera, available in a kit that includes a popular XC15-45mmF3.5-5.6 OIS PZ lens. The X-A7’s compact, lightweight form factor, outstanding image quality, and multitude of new and enhanced features position it as an ideal and timely entry into Fujifilm’s popular family of X Series mirrorless cameras.

Weighing in at only 11.3 ounces (320 grams)*1 and boasting a new 24.2MP imaging sensor, the X-A7’s fast auto-focus, quick face detection, and enough power to create stills at 6 FPS, the X-A7 is the ideal camera for content creators of all skill levels and disciplines. Its intuitive LCD articulating touch screen enables users to capture the perfect image on-the-go. The vari-angle touchscreen allows the monitor to be rotated in various angles freely. Moreover, the newly-designed “Smart Menu” facilitates intuitive touchscreen operation, so that even beginners can produce high-quality images easily.

Touch Your Way to the Perfect Image

Create great images with X-A7’s intuitive 3.5 inch, 16:9 touchscreen LCD flip-out articulating screen. With a quick touch, tap or swipe, users can adjust the brightness, film simulation, bokeh and even skin softening effects.

Incredible Image Quality for Any Situation

The newly developed 24.2MP imaging sensor features 8.5 times more phase detection pixels across its surface than the previously available sensor*2. The X-A7 has been engineered with industry-leading copper wiring to reduce digital noise, to ensure images and video are processed quickly and to ensure the best possible image quality. The X-A7 offers enhanced data readout speed which enables a smooth frame rate of 30fps when recording 4K video, minimizing the rolling shutter effect which typically occurs when recording fast -moving subjects or when panning the camera quickly.

Focus on the Moment; Let the Camera Focus on the Image

Enhanced face-detection and autofocus algorithms make it easy to focus on capturing the perfect moment in all kinds of situations, including low-light and with moving subjects.

Capture Life in Stunning 4K

Record stunning video in 4K30P to get a beautiful cinematic look with beautiful bokeh and colors that only a FUJIFILM X Series camera can provide. Record, upload, and share on-the-go with unique features such as “Countdown Video” mode, which allows videos to be filmed at a pre-selected duration: 15, 30 or 60 seconds, for a quick upload to social media channels.

Compact and lightweight design weighing only 11.3 ounces (320 grams)*

Despite featuring a large 3.5” touchscreen LCD, the X-A7 weighs approximately 1 pound (455 grams) with the kit lens (XC15-45mmF3.5-5.6 OIS PZ) attached. Perfect for the active photographer, the X-A7 can shoot approximately 440 pictures per charge*3 facilitating long-term use.

Diverse shooting modes that help produce photography with a creative flair

A new Bright Mode feature has been added to the Advanced SR Auto function, letting the camera configure ideal settings to produce HDR and other options that create bright, vivid images in a single, one-touch operation. The Light Trail mode, added to the Scene Position selection, can be used to capture light trails of car headlights, for example, while checking the effect on the LCD in real time.

Enhanced connectivity for easy link to smartphones and tablets

The use of FUJIFILM Camera Remote (a free app for smartphones and tablet devices) and the unique features of the X-A7 are designed to ensure dependable connectivity and stability in wireless communications. The X-A7 also supports wired communications with smartphones and tablet devices*4, useful when transferring large data, e.g. video, to such devices.

Availability and Pricing

The new FUJIFILM X-A7 with FUJINON XC15-45mmF3.5- 5.6 OIS PZ lens kit will be available in most markets in camel, dark silver, mint green and silver. It will be available for purchase starting October 24, 2019 in the U.S. and Canada at a MSRP of USD $699.95 and CAD $899.00. For more information, please visit FUJIFILM X-A7 | Cameras | FUJIFILM Digital Camera X Series & GFX – USA

• *1 including the weight of a battery and a memory card, but excluding the Kit-included FUJINON lens
  • *2 Compared to the image sensor used in the Fujifilm X-A5 mirrorless digital camera
  • *3 When Economy mode is selected
  • *4 With a Type C jack: USB C to C cable or USB C to A (Included in package) +A to C Adapter
    With a Micro B jack: USB C to A (Included in package) +A to Micro B Adapter
    With a Lightning jack: USB C to A (Included in package) +A to Lightning Adapter

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Fuji: Please stop tempting me with shiny things. 📸

EDIT: I must not let my wife see the green one, else she'll be starting to drop hints that she likes shiny things also. 😆

1568324684406.png

Last edited:
OMG @Kevin . Just buy her that beautiful green one already.

And then borrow it and never give it back.
She has enough toys at the moment... :p I picked up a Canon G9X from our classifieds forum here that ended up going to her travel bag and she has my old Rebel T4i.

Giving her my old Rebel was the compromise that allowed me to pick up the EOS 77D. :D But if could find another cheap G9X or similar then I'd throw that in my backpack that I carry everywhere when out & about.

I miss awesome old refrigerator colors. I remember the one from my youth was Harvest Gold.....then in the early 80s, that original 1958 just wasn't worth fixing any more and we got a new dark brown one. Not too long after than, the only options became white or black....and then the stainless steel ones took over.

I miss awesome old refrigerator colors. I remember the one from my youth was Harvest Gold.....then in the early 80s, that original 1958 just wasn't worth fixing any more and we got a new dark brown one. Not too long after than, the only options became white or black....and then the stainless steel ones took over.
Apart from Smeg, I can’t think of any European fridges that have been anything but white or silver/steel. I’m sure someone will put me right :hiding:

Apart from Smeg, I can’t think of any European fridges that have been anything but white or silver/steel. I’m sure someone will put me right :hiding:
So the trend of having the fridge match the kitchen never caught on over there? 🤔 As Luke mentioned, these days the majority of them for retail channels is black/white/SS or "black stainless steel" that is apparently becoming a thing as well. In the custom channel you can get just about anything you want for units that are meant to be installed inline with the cabinets; the ones that have doors meant to look like the rest of the cabinets drive me nuts. ("Hey, I want a drink, where the heck is the door for the fridge?!")

My Mom's last fridge from the 90's was a big hulking beast of a machine that was entirely cobalt blue. With the metal doors in that color it was quite striking and made a statement in the kitchen though my opinion on what kind of statement it made varied greatly from my Mom's opinion.

Back