Fuji Fujifilm X100 firmware 2.0 / confirmed!!!

You know, Malcolm, I feel that way too. Maybe we just like things the way they are?:friends:

Not saying I wouldn't be interested in hearing what the firmware update might mean, and all that.:flowers_2:

I see where you are both coming from and I agree that the X100 is a great camera as is. Any change will be "icing" and not the body of the "cake".

That rumor site seems so sure of itself... but if it's sure it's not a rumor now, is it? lol

If I read the google-translation of the French text correctly, one of the improvements would be a 30% reduction in mimimum focus distance in non-macro mode? That would be a huge improvement, and really decrease my #1 criticism of the X100. The camera as it is now can sometimes autofocus at shorter distances than the stated mimimum focus distance (in regular AF mode), but not consistently. And macro mode itself is a slow PITA.

Since the X100S can do it (increased AF frame offset in the OVF to compensate for parallax), the X100 should be able to do it, too.

No worries, it will. The reason for the delay is supposed to be a problem with the macro AF, so once this has been sorted out, I expect an official announcement with an official date. It appears like one or two incompetent members of the media published an embargoed press release about the new firmware that had already been retracted in order to reflect the new delay, fueling another round of rumors with such irresponsible action. The same appearantly happened with the premature Czech X-A1 announcement, which was originally scheduled for IFA (5SEP), then postponed (Fuji isn't on display at IFA).

Assuming Fuji deliver everything that's rumoured I'm seriously wondering why I purchased an X100S. All the disadvantages that led me to go with the newer model will have been remedied.

Can't get X-trans with a firmware update though. You'll always have X-trans.

Back