Fuji Fujifilm X100 firmware 2.0 / confirmed!!!

I just upgraded mine this morning and went shooting. What a difference! Focus peaking works great, start up time is faster, especially since I just bought a 95 mb sec extreme pro SD card. And the auto focus...big difference...seems like more than a 20% improvement to me. Anyway, the camera is even more of a joy to use now...really responsive now.

I switched to my OMD and snapped a few pics and I'll tell you...its faster to focus than the x100, but not by much now. The difference is certainly less noticeable now...;)

Good to hear. I upgraded mine in the back of the car while my wife was driving :) Not had much of a chance to try it out yet. I did find odd behaviour when saving settings in the custom menu. Confirmed by someone else over on Fuji X Forum. Saving in the pre v2 way actually resets everything, you now have to exit with the back button to save settings. Very odd.

I just upgraded mine this morning and went shooting. What a difference! Focus peaking works great, start up time is faster, especially since I just bought a 95 mb sec extreme pro SD card. And the auto focus...big difference...seems like more than a 20% improvement to me. Anyway, the camera is even more of a joy to use now...really responsive now.

I switched to my OMD and snapped a few pics and I'll tell you...its faster to focus than the x100, but not by much now. The difference is certainly less noticeable now...;)

Amid the general euphoria over this update I'm a little underwhelmed after ten minutes of testing. I don't see a noticeable increase in AF speed. It was still a great camera even on v1.3 so I'm not complaining. Maybe I need to do more testing. Contrary to that video I still get the very slow macro focussing.

First off, kudos to Fuji for continuing to support not-new cameras!

Anyone else noticing a difference in close focus lock when using the EVF or back display versus the OVF? I am seeing great speed and success at close range when using the EVF, but not so much using the OVF (with auto AF/lines correction).

Amid the general euphoria over this update I'm a little underwhelmed after ten minutes of testing. I don't see a noticeable increase in AF speed. It was still a great camera even on v1.3 so I'm not complaining. Maybe I need to do more testing. Contrary to that video I still get the very slow macro focussing.

I'm with you Chip, on the AF speed. Doesn't feel a whole lot faster. EM5 is still much faster in my comparisons. BUT, the close distance focus using AF-S is much better now. AF lock performance is still better using EVF than OVF. Focus peaking is nice and MF is much better, but the shimmering needs to be stronger.

Overall, it was a nice upgrade. Thanks Fuji!

Very strange...I just now tested macro after reading your post. Mine is way faster! I mean mine use to hunt back and forth like crazy, now in macro mode, it's almost instant...something must be wrong. You should be seeing a big difference, something ain't right.

First off, kudos to Fuji for continuing to support not-new cameras!

Anyone else noticing a difference in close focus lock when using the EVF or back display versus the OVF? I am seeing great speed and success at close range when using the EVF, but not so much using the OVF (with auto AF/lines correction).

Yep, same here, EVF is faster, no question.

Yes close focussing is now much improved in AF-S. I agree on the focus peaking too, it's a little weak. But it's all good generally.

I'm with you Chip, on the AF speed. Doesn't feel a whole lot faster. EM5 is still much faster in my comparisons. BUT, the close distance focus using AF-S is much better now. AF lock performance is still better using EVF than OVF. Focus peaking is nice and MF is much better, but the shimmering needs to be stronger.

Overall, it was a nice upgrade. Thanks Fuji!

Perhaps it's the lighting. I've just tried it in better lighting and it does seem a little better. There seems to be less shunting backwards and forwards. Though I don't see a huge improvement. I think I'm just going to have to test v2 thoroughly over the next few days to get a better idea.

Very strange...I just now tested macro after reading your post. Mine is way faster! I mean mine use to hunt back and forth like crazy, now in macro mode, it's almost instant...something must be wrong. You should be seeing a big difference, something ain't right.

Back