Fuji Fujifilm X20 manual focus

Masud

For couple of months i'm reviewing x20's specs and new improvements and that is pushing me to stick with it. I noticed there is a button on front of the camera indicating AF-S,AF-C & MF and i checked in dpreview in x20 manual focus is YES! Can somebody tell me what is way to manual focusing with x20?

Yeah, you turn that switch to "M" and then you turn the control wheel on the back of the camera to actually focus the lens. It shows you a distance and DOF scale while you turn it and you can magnify the central portion of the screen to better see when you've achieved sharpest focus. And the X20 will also offer focus peaking, as well, which is an aid that highlights the highest contrast part of the scene and makes it easier to tell when something is perfectly in focus.. The ring on the lens is dedicated to turning the camera on/off and zooming the lens, so you can't use a lens ring to manual focus.

-Ray

To focus faster in manual: with the x10, so I think also with x20, in manual mode you can force the camera to auto focus by pressing the ae af lock button, then you can refine the focus manually.

Back