Fuji Fujifilm XF 55-200mm lens available for pre-order at B&H

Ray Sachs

Legend
Name
you should be able to figure it out...
The Fujifilm XF 55-200mm f/3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Lens is now available for pre-order at B&H:

View attachment 1510

Also, a quick notice on my part. Some of you have noticed I've been posting some B&H links and announcements lately here and on Amin's other forums. A few of you have asked if I'm affiliated with B&H, so I thought I'd let you know what's going on. I'm not directly affiliated with B&H, but Amin and the forums are. As part of this relationship, B&H often makes review copies of cameras available for loan - because I had been informally writing my reactions to various cameras over the past few years, Amin offered to include me in that loaner program so I could try out more gear and continue to write about it. As part of that arrangement, I also get all of B&H's announcements and emails and because I'm grateful to have the opportunity to try out new cameras, I offered to help Amin out by posting some of these if I get to them first or when he doesn't have the time. So, that's the connection. I do get review cameras from B&H because Amin offered to include me in that program and I sometimes post B&H notices. That's the extent of it...

-Ray Sachs

Attachments

• 8657795833_6f47990307_o.png
    8657795833_6f47990307_o.png
    38.6 KB · Views: 30,888
I'll be very, very interested to see what "you all" think of this lens. Though I'm not quite in the position yet to buy an interchangeable Fuji...I still like to look...and keep my hanky ready for any drool that spills out of the corners of my mouth.

I'll try to get a production sample as fast as I can. Fuji is still working on perfecting the lens for all distances and focal lengths, so unfortunately, I need to be patient. I don't like that, because I am already addicted to the possibilities his new zoom is offering me. However, for serious shooting, I need it to be near perfect, and that's what I expect a production sample to be.

I already mentioned that the grip is highly recommended, not just for this lens. I'm using it all the time on both camera models. ;)

What do you think about the real motivation lies in the choice of manufacturing of plastic the extending section of the XF 55/200 Zoom? Please don't talk about lightweight please...(Perhaps to facilitate the AF motor speed?)

Back