Fuji Fujifilm xf 56mm f/1.2 r lens

Well isn't this just peachy. I've had the 56mm for two weeks now, and in those two weeks, I've had two separate lenses have problems. My first 56mm had a faulty focus motor, where the AF clutch couldn't engage. As a result, when the lens was pointed up or down, the focusing group would slide out of position, thus making it impossible to hold focus in those positions.

I got a replacement, and it's been brilliant optically and in focusing, but tonight I noticed that it looks like it's breaking apart...one side of the lens is loose in the middle of the barrel, such that gentle pressure actually rocks the bottom part of the barrel, including the mount...feels like a internal screw that holds the lens together has come unseated or stripped. I'd open the lens and see if it's simply loose, but I don't want to void the warranty. So, it looks like I'm going to attempt another exchange, provided my shop has another in stock. Otherwise, I guess it'll go off to repair. I haven't dropped, hit, bent or put any sort of undue pressure on the lens.

I have to say, I'm quite disappointed in the quality control so far on this lens, though the optics themselves are brilliant.

that sucks. i haven't had the chance to use mine more.

i hope fuji acknowledges the buttons thing. i really want mine reworked. it's definitely feeling 'flat'. i've built up a callused thumb from trying to use my 4-way on the x-t1.

(Sent from another Galaxy via Tapatalk.)

My 56 is having an issue. When I try to shoot with it, there is a message on the LCD which says turn off camera and turn on again. But nothing happens. I can see that the iris is stopped down despite the aperture ring being set to 1.2. I've tried it on three different bodies with the same result. Anyone heard of this?

nop. anything obstructing the contact points on the lens-side? otherwise, i'd return it or send it in.

so far, so good with mine. (still knocking on several types of wood.)

My 56 is having an issue. When I try to shoot with it, there is a message on the LCD which says turn off camera and turn on again. But nothing happens. I can see that the iris is stopped down despite the aperture ring being set to 1.2. I've tried it on three different bodies with the same result. Anyone heard of this?

Yes, that happened to my 1st copy of the 56/1.2 lens.
I was able to take a photo of the problem

14025124436_d11de55202_c.jpg

Did Fuji just send you a new 56?

No, but Amazon did :)

But I did contact Fuji and they told me to send the lens in too. However, they said that it could take up to 2 - 3 weeks for them to give me back my lens, so I contacted Amazon, and Amaon issued a replacement right away!

d'oh! i had that same error message before, but i don't remember which lens i had on. any of you with a uhs-ii SanDisk getting any error messages on your x-t1?

the only time i get it is when I'm in continuous high. never happens with my slower cards. but i haven't tried it on the new body Fuji replaced my original one with.

Back