Fuji Showcase Fujinon 100-400mm WR samples

Took the XPRO2 and the 100-400 Rallying this weekend, performed well. Such a well balanced lens.
Rally 9.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks guys. It's a lovely lens and surprisingly sharp from wide open across the focal range.
I've taken it now for field work shooting Rodeos to surfing in Hawaii and the lens hasn't missed a beat on the XT2 with boost grip.

No posts to this thread since August?! Has everyone except me stopped using this lens?
I used mine in earnest whilst on a Kenyan safari in November and was just amazed at the IQ when mounted on my XT2. We had a well-known wildlife photographer/TV presenter in our jeep for a couple of days. He's Canon through and through and using Canon's 100-400 f4 on his 1D Mkii or whatever, but even he was wowed by the Fuji combo, especially with focus peaking.
Anyway, here's one of many images from the trip - more to follow!

image.jpeg

No posts to this thread since August?! Has everyone except me stopped using this lens?
I used mine in earnest whilst on a Kenyan safari in November and was just amazed at the IQ when mounted on my XT2. We had a well-known wildlife photographer/TV presenter in our jeep for a couple of days. He's Canon through and through and using Canon's 100-400 f4 on his 1D Mkii or whatever, but even he was wowed by the Fuji combo, especially with focus peaking.
Anyway, here's one of many images from the trip - more to follow!

View attachment 35558
Focus peaking? Didn’t know it had zebra pattern too ;)

Today, the 100-400 played lacrosse. Two images, the first with X-Pro2 using Velvia simulation which I find a bit too bright, it is toned down a bit here and still too bright. The second was the standard Provia setting which renders grass much more naturally.

I find the X-Pro2 gives me as high a percentage of sharps as my Sonys, the AF never let me down, and I used one battery plus a segment of the second to shoot 750+ photos thru three games over 4 hours. I prefer the ISO dial just where it is, and can easily switch film simulations on the fly. The only negative I have after this day is the battery life, but even that is minor. These are as sharp as I'd ever expect and need, both are cropped slightly and still held up just fine.

BTW we were at a pre-season jamboree and I shot from the stands. I hate the perspective here, but once the season starts on Monday I'll be on the sidelines with better access.

Back