Fuji Showcase Fujinon XC 15-45mm 3.5-5.6 OIS PZ

Swinging Bridge near Wawona in Yosemite NP.....
Swinging Bridge.jpg

And yes, when you walk across, it definitely swings! Very difficult without holding on!
Swinging Bridge 2.jpg

View down the South Fork Merced River....
Swinging Bridge View.jpg

Last edited:
I can't tell if that's a 65 or 66, because I can't see the grill. But it has the GT wheels, and presumably the "HiPo" high performance variant of the 289.
Not sure which. I had a chance years ago (OK decades ago now :oops:) to buy an original 65 fastback. It was all original with only 35k on it. But I needed a daily driver and it was coming up on winter in Vermont.

I can't tell if that's a 65 or 66, because I can't see the grill. But it has the GT wheels, and presumably the "HiPo" high performance variant of the 289.

It’s a ‘65. Look at the chrome scallop just ahead of the rear wheels. The 1964-1/2 models had no chrome scallop. The 1966 models had a different ornament - with three toward-facing prongs. At least if they’re stock.

I picked one up this afternoon to go on my X-E3.

Seems like a fun little lens in my relatively short time with it.

Definitely a fair weather shooter, but the power zoom is far better than I’d imagined and OIS seems effective. Close focusing is insane at wide angle.

Here’s a quick sample, nothing special. The iPhone did a great job auto correcting the perspective of my lazy effort.

BAFABDE8-F363-4915-9E8E-5863691898D5.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

It was a handy little lens. I think of it as Fuji's version of the m4/3 Panasonic 12-32. Small, light, and better than it should be. It may not be as small as the P12-32 (really what is?), but that 15mm on the wide end was handy.

It’s quite excellent at the wide end, but my results at 45mm have been very inconsistent.

I’m not sure if it’s my copy, but it can very soft at any aperture while at other times it can be quite sharp even wide open.

I’ve tried with various OIS settings (including off) but haven’t nailed down the reason yet.

Back