Fuji Fujinon XF 23mm F1.4 R

A sample I took yesterday...

9691812620_ec6bc33d1c_c.jpg

I already started a private Flickr set, will unlock the first bunch of images on Monday.

9691806596_b2307a3ed1_c.jpg

I intend to get one of these, but here in Oz my retailer of choice has it listed for pre-order at AU$1499!!!!! Fujifilm Fujinon XF 23mm f/1.4 R Lens - Fuji Aust Warranty

I was expecting a similar price to the XF14 and I paid AU$845 for that. I will be getting a X100S for AU$1289 instead if the price does not drop.

I called the above retailer today to check on price.....they confirmed that Fuji had not released pricing as yet for AU, however the pre order price has since been reduced to AU$1049.......looking better with a step in the right direction but I feel it is still too high especially when compared to US pricing.

We always pay a premium here in Oz, I guess due to the lower volume of sales??

I called the above retailer today to check on price.....they confirmed that Fuji had not released pricing as yet for AU, however the pre order price has since been reduced to AU$1049.......looking better with a step in the right direction but I feel it is still too high especially when compared to US pricing.

We always pay a premium here in Oz, I guess due to the lower volume of sales??

Probably, or probably because we're just further, logistically the return of investment on each shipment will be slightly less compared to other places like Europe, US, Asia, etc..

I can understand if they put extra $$$ on top of the usual going price (people will need to make a living) as long as it's not bordering on the obscene where they're going to charge me an extra $400 AUD for "customer service".

I have added a bunch of new samples: XF23mmF1.4 R Samples - a set on Flickr

You know, these Fujinon reviews are getting boring... not because of anything to do with you Rico, but Fuji just keeps on turning out excellent lenses. It's just like "yep, it's another good one", what can I say - hahaha. (y)

I literally only have one serious complaint with any of my Fuji lenses and that's the 14mm's loose aperture ring.

Thanks for sharing the samples Rico!

The aperture ring of my PP lens (serial number 7 of the latest run) is actually quite nice, I suits my taste. However, I also liked the ring on the 14mm, with the exception of the 2.8 setting.

Yeah, my 14mm loose enough that even the slightest touch bumps it out of position. I've actually thought about sending it in to Fuji to see if they can tighten it up, since the service center is less than an hour from me in Edison, NJ but then I'd have to give up the lens for them to look at it haha.

The aperture ring on the 23mm is much tighter than on the 14mm for example, it feels very good and it's not easy to be bumped out of position what can happen with some other lenses of Fujinon.

Back