Fuji Showcase Fujinon XF 35mm f/1.4 R

po.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

When I purchased a used X-Pro3 seven months ago, the original owner also sold me a copy of the 35mm f/1.4 lens - and over the ensuing months, it has become one of my most used - and favorite - lenses, not just for digital cameras... but ever. Compared to the 28mm or 30mm or 35mm FOV's on other cameras, which I used to shoot much more with, the XF35 feels almost like a small telephoto at times. I like its abilities to isolate some subjects - and also its tendency to perform well wide open, at or near maximum aperture.

These photos were taken in the toy section of an inexpensive supermarket/pharmacy/general-purpose-store - in the Toy Department.

In the order they were taken: first, a reindeer.

XPro3_Jan23_22_toy_reindeer.jpg

Second, more of a group shot, but focusing on the bear in front.

XPro3_Jan23_22_toy_bears.jpg

Third, a giraffe.

XPro3_Jan23_22_toy_giraffe.jpg

Fourth and last, a deer.

XPro3_Jan23_22_toy_deer.jpg

I really love this lens.
(All were taken with the in-camera 'Classic Negative' jpeg film simulation.)

I agree, this lens is amazing. It's also my most used lens. This lens is the reason why I sold the x100v got the XT-3 instead.
XTXT4691.jpg

DSCF3977.jpg

DSCF4064.jpg

XTXT6619.jpg

XTXT5465.jpg

All of these are SOOC Astia.

When I purchased a used X-Pro3 seven months ago, the original owner also sold me a copy of the 35mm f/1.4 lens - and over the ensuing months, it has become one of my most used - and favorite - lenses, not just for digital cameras... but ever. Compared to the 28mm or 30mm or 35mm FOV's on other cameras, which I used to shoot much more with, the XF35 feels almost like a small telephoto at times. I like its abilities to isolate some subjects - and also its tendency to perform well wide open, at or near maximum aperture.

These photos were taken in the toy section of an inexpensive supermarket/pharmacy/general-purpose-store - in the Toy Department.

In the order they were taken: first, a reindeer.

View attachment 288613

Second, more of a group shot, but focusing on the bear in front.

View attachment 288614

Third, a giraffe.

View attachment 288615

Fourth and last, a deer.

View attachment 288616

I really love this lens.
(All were taken with the in-camera 'Classic Negative' jpeg film simulation.)

I agree, this lens is amazing. It's also my most used lens. This lens is the reason why I sold the x100v got the XT-3 instead.
View attachment 288652

View attachment 288653
View attachment 288654

View attachment 288655
View attachment 288656

All of these are SOOC Astia.
A brilliant lens and curiously, blows the pants of subsequent iterations. All Fuji primes are great, some even exotic, but the old 35mm f1.4 is acknowledged by a lot of people over on the Fuji forum to be their best optically. The first native lens one should get imo.

Back