Fuji Showcase Fujinon XF 35mm f/1.4 R

This is the lens that keeps me from leaving Fuji. I took it for a walk with my wife and the dogs yesterday hoping I wouldn't get anything good and that would free me to sell the kit. Nope.....it's just too nice. I should have probably stopped it down a step or two to get all 3 in the focal plane. But it's close enough. And if you view it at full size, one can marvel at the sharpness wide open (the white one, Charlie, was my focal point).

16829215695_ce629b0bc4_b.jpg
LLC
by Luke Lavin, on Flickr

I love the 35mm as well and it's on the body almost all the time though I use my other lenses as well but yeah I agree with you there... "It's Just Too Nice..."

Also...

Nice Shot and how'd you get your dogs not to focus on you and look the other way?
:)

Nice Shot and how'd you get your dogs not to focus on you and look the other way?
:)

My problem is I can NEVER get my dogs to look at me (probably because I'm shooting them all the time). Of course, I prefer candids, but my wife usually wants "posed" shots. If I absolutely need them to look at me, I have some treats in one hand......but then they're usually lunging towards me. Sometimes you just can't win.

Took myself and my Xpro1 with my 35mm for a walkabout last evening. It started getting chilly out there.
Anyways, here are a couple of images with the 35mm 1.4r and a 10 stop Formatt Hitech firecast screw-on.
The last image is without the 10 stop during the daytime taken a week before the first 3 images. The 35mm ROCKS!!
_DSF0568.jpg

_DSF0579.jpg
_DSF0632.jpg

_DSF0364.jpg
Have a great evening....

Back