Fuji Showcase Fujinon XF 35mm f/1.4 R

X-E1, 35mm f1.4 @f1.4
9482796208_dfa30279f6_c.jpg

I was fortunate enough to do my second wedding with my Fuji X-Pro1 and X-E1 as lead photographer.

I would not recommend this to anyone shooting an event unless they are very familiar with using the Fuji camera and, have assistants, and if it's the only camera system you have at your disposal haha. The Fuji X-Pro 1 was my go to camera for 80% of the photos taken with the 35mm 18-55mm and the Helios 58mm lens at my disposal and a YN560III speedlite.

Thanks to the new firmware update, auto focusing was fairly simple. I think I might have missed focus a few times but that was due to me focusing close to the bride's white dress instead of her face. Aside from that, no major issues.

On three occasions, after I take a photo while using the EVF, my XPRO1, the camera would freeze on the last image taken and the only way I can continue shooting is to pull out the battery then put it back in. It was not a huge issue but I think it might have been because it was also a very hot summer day (Canadian wise). I did have metering issues as well, for some reason after the update it feels like my metering gauge just won't respond unless i'm in fully manual mode. This is also due to me not knowing the camera too well. It resulted in a few under/over exposed images that I eventually used P mode outdoors.

Lastly I did shoot the entire wedding in Raw+Normal (Jpeg) mode on the new Sandisk 80MB/s cards. No issues from going photo to photo.

9606224836_9a2aa9b086_z.jpg

Mounir and Ezra by CameronH82, on Flickr

9602990315_712d61ca0f_z.jpg

Mounir and Ezra by CameronH82, on Flickr

This one was because I took the image from my FB, then uploaded it to instagram then put it on flickr so it's cropped into a funny box :p

9597512989_0b2b1e5a49_z.jpg

#Wedding #edmonton #edmontonia #beautiful #fujix #fujixpro #camtography #bride #groom #kiss by CameronH82, on Flickr

All images are with the 35mm

Back