Fuji Fujinon XF90mm F2 - surprising price...

Lightmancer

Legend
Name
Bill Palmer
My local "crack dealer", London Camera Exchange in Guildford, are expecting delivery "in June" - to be fair, Fuji UK are no more accurate, which probably means that the first batch are in one of those huge container ships rounding the Cape of Good Hope as I type...

This has been a lens on my "personal roadmap" for months. In prime terms it is equivalent to a fraction over 135mm and hence fits into my ex-Leica M world-view as a great hand-held fast tele focal length and one with which I am both happy and familiar.

To my surprise, given the spec. of this lens (fast aperture and weather sealing) LCE are listing it at just a penny under seven hundred notes - £699.99 to be exact. I was expecting it to be more in the £900 bracket so this is goodness.

I'm currently trying to get hold of a review copy to take to Le Mans in mid-June; sadly I don't think that samples will arrive in time for that - a great shame as it would have been ideal...

I guessed it would be $1000u.s., which was close. I'm trying really hard to find a need for this lens because I really really want it. But I don't need to spend the money on it. My name is on the preorder list at my local "crack dealer" in case that need arises soon.

Same here. Dummy invoice said 999 EUR, so I was surprised when the actual press release mentioned a lower price a few weeks later.

Back