Fuji Full Circle Person....

LeeR

Name
Lee
Well, I started with a Fuji S9500 about..... 11, maybe 12 years ago now :) I then went Canon 450D, 5D2, Sony A7 & now back to Fuji :)

I still have the A7 & FE35/2.8 but I mainly use it with old manual glass. The other half & the kids struggle with manual focus so I wanted an autofucus 85mm & possibly a faster 35mm - In Sony land, that's quite a bit of cash!! I've also wanted to give Fuji mirrorless a go for quite a while now so.....

I've just ordered a used X-E2, 23/1.4 & 56/1.2 :)

I'm going to give them a try for a month or so & see how I get on but I'm thinking quite positive about the swap at the moment. At that point I can then decide which way to go with things. I'm hoping it'll be sell the Sony stuff & all the manual glass which will more than cover the cost of the Fuji kit & probably allow me to upgrade the X-E2 if needed :)

XE2 was, for my money, the first really capable fuji X body. The XT1 was a good step up, and reports tell me the XT2 and Pro2 are another good notch up as well. But the XE2 was capable, and didn't frustrate often.

Good choice - the XE-2 has the Phase Detect sensors on chip, so the AF is comparable to the XT series. You'll love the 56/1.2. The XT-10 is a bargain if you want to move up. 500-800 bucks less than an XT-1 new and they're very inexpensive 2nd hand, which is how I picked up my pair.

Welcome.

XE2 was, for my money, the first really capable fuji X body. The XT1 was a good step up, and reports tell me the XT2 and Pro2 are another good notch up as well. But the XE2 was capable, and didn't frustrate often.
This is my experience. Except the Pro2, especially with the new firmware, is several notches above the X-T1 in terms of performance. I have not shot with a T2, but that should be the same.

Back