Fuji Full circle...

Lightmancer

Legend
Name
Bill Palmer
More than a dozen years separate these two setups. They are very different and yet have so much in common. The Billingham Hadley Pro is the same - I wish I could age so well...
IMG_20161010_192525.jpg

I've got a Lowepro S&F 75AW and a TLZ-2, both about 14 y/o now. Lots of other bags came and went since then, but they're the veterans in my equipment locker. I just finally replaced the main strap when one of the brass connectors failed. Amazingly Lowepro covered it under warranty with no questions asked. Great company thatstands behind their product.

Nice! I highly recommend AVEA pouches as shown in my photos above. The AVEA 3 is the narrow one and the AVEA5 the bigger. The AVEA 5 will hold (as you can see) an X-Pro2 with 27mm attached, or an X100T. The slimmer lenses go in the AVEA 3. The AVEAs go on either end of the Hadley but I only mount them there when travelling. They go easily on a belt. The AVEA5 is particularly handy for general use; it will easily take passport and portable telephone etc.

Bill, I only use a bag to go from home to a destination and not as a daily carry all, I use a photographers vest by Domke for that, lots of large pockets plenty of room for bits and pieces. Also it distributes any weight around the body plus if I buy something I've got room to add it to a pocket. I get the belt idea but for this fat old geezer I don't think it is a good idea!

This is my second Hadley, I had an original one from way back in the 1970s, eventually the strap frayed to bits, yes I know Billingham will do repairs but decided one a little bit bigger would be best and I liked the Sage green colour. This original Hadley went though a washing machine at least twice with no apparent harm!

Love the greek survivor!

Back