Fuji Fun with Film Simulation 'Recipes'

Two different recipes with totally different looks of the same subject.
The first, the FujiXWeekly Kodak Gold 200 (which Ritchie Roesch recently 'tweaked' to come up with a version for the X-Trans V sensor in my X-T5, which renders blues in a different way from earlier X-Trans sensors)--

XT5_Nov24_23_Stanley_at_Coffee_Shop(kodak.gold.200).jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The second using Luis Costa's "Colored BNW" recipe which is among my favorite Fuji monochrome 'looks'--

XT5_Nov24_23_Stanley_drinking_coffee(colored.bnw.sooc).jpg

Minor processing note: the colour photo was adjusted slightly for contrast and an s-curve; but the black & white one is, literally, an SOOC with zero tweaking or adjustments... exactly as the camera rendered the jpeg image when I pressed the shutter.

Two shots of the same subject, each with a different 'recipe', both from Ritchie Roesch's Fuji-X-Weekly library.
The first is an interesting new one, his newest iteration of Kodak Vision3 250D (this one tweaked for X-Trans V sensors, and based on Nostalgic Neg, using a Fluorescent white balance, but with a surprising overall tonality)--

XT5_Dec21_23_Pee-Wee_Christmas_ornament#1(KodakV3250Dv2).jpg

The second is the Kodak 1976 recipe which, according to Ritchie, began life as his attempt to replicate some of the colors of Joel Meyerowitz's work.

XT5_Dec21_23_Pee-Wee_Christmas_ornament#2(Kodak1976).jpg

I rather like them both.

Trying out a few different X-Trans II sensor profiles on my newly acquired X-E2. All from Ritchie Roesch's FujiXWeekly website. (With embedded links to the recipe's pages.)
First is what may be my new favorite XTransII recipe, Classic Kodak Chrome --

XE2_Jan24_24_gate_hinge#1(C1-Classic.Kodak.Chrome).jpg

Then Ritchie's Kodacolor recipe--

XE2_Jan24_24_gate_hinge#2(C3-Kodacolor).jpg

Next the black & white recipe for Monochrome Red --

XE2_Jan24_24_gate_hinge#3(C4-Monochrome.Red).jpg

And finally an attempt to modify the recipe for Fujicolor Superia 800 - designed for X-Trans III sensors, so it doesn't quite 'work' for the X-E2 the same way that it did for my old X-T3 --

XE2_Jan24_24_gate_hinge#4(C7-Superia.800).jpg

I suspect I'll be diving down the rabbit hole of X-Trans II sensor recipes more in the not-too-distant future... :coco:

Trying out a few different X-Trans II sensor profiles on my newly acquired X-E2. All from Ritchie Roesch's FujiXWeekly website. (With embedded links to the recipe's pages.)
First is what may be my new favorite XTransII recipe, Classic Kodak Chrome --

View attachment 444385

Then Ritchie's Kodacolor recipe--

View attachment 444386

Next the black & white recipe for Monochrome Red --

View attachment 444387

And finally an attempt to modify the recipe for Fujicolor Superia 800 - designed for X-Trans III sensors, so it doesn't quite 'work' for the X-E2 the same way that it did for my old X-T3 --

View attachment 444389

I suspect I'll be diving down the rabbit hole of X-Trans II sensor recipes more in the not-too-distant future... :coco:
Miguel you are an invaluable asset to this forum.

Trying out a new simulaton 'recipe' recently published by Ritchie Roesch on the Fuji X Weekly website, which he calls "1971 Kodak". It is formulated for X-Trans V sensors (which includes my X-T5). Ritchie says it was initially inspired by a number of old color prints in an photo album his grandmother had made; he believes many of them had been shot with a Kodak Instamatic camera, loaded with Kodacolor-X negative film. His recipe features a warmish tone, subdued colors and a decent amount of contrast.

XT5_Feb12_25_Valentine's_Day_Calavera.jpg

So far, I'm liking this recipe... a lot.

Comparing three interesting recipes from the Fuji-X website.
First, 1976 Kodak--

XT5_Feb24_24_fish_in_jar#1(1976.Kodak).jpg

Next, Kodak Ultramax 400--

XT5_Feb24_24_fish_in_jar#2(Kodak.Ultramax.400).jpg

And last, the recipe for the motion picture film stock, Kodak Vision3 250K v2--

XT5_Feb24_24_fish_in_jar#3(K.Vision3.250D.v2).jpg

All of these are the newer tweaks, designed for the X-Trans V sensor... which is one of the (big) reasons why I was motivated to sell my otherwise superb X-T3 and 'upgrade' it to an X-T5 (the more versatile sensor).

Back