Micro 4/3 Fun With Live Composite

Aaron English

Regular
I took this image this afternoon of a 1930's Union Pacific train station in Boise, Idaho. I have been planning this photo for over a month now and today the weather conditions finally cooperated. It is approximately 210, 2-second exposers at f/8.0 on an EM1-3 with 12-40mm. Live Composite is one of the many features that make Olympus/OM System cameras so unique.

20221023-_A230672.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I took this image this afternoon of a 1930's Union Pacific train station in Boise, Idaho. I have been planning this photo for over a month now and today the weather conditions finally cooperated. It is approximately 210, 2-second exposers at f/8.0 on an EM1-3 with 12-40mm. Live Composite is one of the many features that make Olympus/OM System cameras so unique.
VERY nice shot! The fact that you used Live Composite implies that the shot was taken at night (I think that is the main use - only use? - for Live Composite). Is this the case?

VERY nice shot! The fact that you used Live Composite implies that the shot was taken at night (I think that is the main use - only use? - for Live Composite). Is this the case?
I used a 10-stop ND filter to reduce the shutter speed. Image was taken about 3:00 in the afternoon.

I forgot to mention that I used a 10-stop ND filter to reduce the shutter speed. Shutter speed has to be below 1/4 of a second to use Live Composite. EM1-3 had no problem nailing focus through the 10-stop ND filter.

Back