• Cameraderie, a friendly photography forum for photographers and camera enthusiasts!
    If you are looking for critique, tips, advice, buying recommendations, or just want to talk to fellow enthusiasts then join now for free!

Ricoh Fun with Ricoh GRD

Archiver

Top Veteran
Jul 11, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
In the last few days, I downloaded the current version of Lightroom (5.4) and have been revisiting old images. My first port of call was my Olympus EM-5 images, as Lightroom finally has Olympus colour profiles, but I was soon into my GRD III images from 2010. Fortunately, my skills in post have improved in the last four years, and I'm surprised at what I can wring out of what I thought were insipid snapshots.

GRD III - The Cinematic Streets of Ginza by Archiver, on Flickr

GRD III - Postcard from Nara by Archiver, on Flickr

GRD III - The Time Traveller IV [explore 2014 05 14] by Archiver, on Flickr

GRD III - Waiting for the Train by Archiver, on Flickr

GRDIII - The Time Traveller III by Archiver, on Flickr

My present post style is often to take a 4:3 image and crop it to 3:2, 16:9, or even 2.35:1 anamorphic cinema ratio and 2.7:1 Hasselblad X-Pan ratio. My experience with creating the Fauxveon presets for the Ricoh GR have allowed me a whole new take on Hue/Sat/Lum adjustments across colours, as well as split-toning.

tyrphoto

Regular
Jun 5, 2014
Shot on the second day of owning the GRD3 from inside a moving cab going thru Times Square. Was testing out the "snap focus" mode.

"Ricoh In Times Square (Color vs B&W)"

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

RICOH GR DIGITAL III, 28MM, F1.9, 1/32, ISO 68

kyteflyer

~@¿@~
Jan 31, 2011
Newcastle, Australia
Gawd I miss my GRD3! Its been mothballed because I'm sick of fighting with the broken battery latch and trying to get it to start every time I use it.

For those who have had both/all... which would be best to get these days, the GRD3/4 (if you could find one) or the GR?

IVN

Veteran
Aug 27, 2013
Gawd I miss my GRD3! Its been mothballed because I'm sick of fighting with the broken battery latch and trying to get it to start every time I use it.

For those who have had both/all... which would be best to get these days, the GRD3/4 (if you could find one) or the GR?
I only have the GRD3, but I would say that GR is the best, but also the most expensive. I would love to have that APSC sensor in my GRD3. :-/
GRD3/4 are great cameras, but I feel that the 1/1.7" sensor is holding them back.

Here are 2 more taken with the 3.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom