Hot Deals! Panasonic Fz1000 for $497 US

I still like mine. It has served me well, I dont use its digital zoom much but you can get insane focal lengths if you do. It works best for me as a sometime birding camera, but its also good for landscape. Its big... as big as my Pentax K5, but doesnt weigh as much, and its well balanced, so it doesnt feel as heavy as it is.

There are some photos in this thread and I have some in my flickr Panasonic FZ1000

Sue, that flickr album has some super shots in it. I can't believe they were taken with a 3 year old bridge camera.

I'm hopeful that it will be good "enough" that I can sell my m43 gear in my journey towards less gear.

Steve, I have an FZ1000 myself. Three years old or not, it still gets the job done. Perfect for when you're just not sure exactly what you'll be shooting. Not too heavy, either. The Sony RX10 series - even the older ones - are heavier. Yet, the FZ1000 doesn't feel cheap. Decent viewfinder and great video as well. C'mon... you know you want it... :2thumbs:

re the video above......I now have the FZ2000. With £200 cash back it came down to £675. Haven't used it much in anger....apart from some street stuff. I have seen some video/photos by a friend with the FZ2000 and they look really good.

I’m actually curious how many FZ1000s this thread will sell.
It is a great camera, I have seen some sterling work with it. At the price....and despite its age/and been replaced; it is a good buy I think. If you want really good vacation shots or just every day use there are all the focal lengths you would need and really good video.

It is a great camera, I have seen some sterling work with it. At the price....and despite its age/and been replaced; it is a good buy I think. If you want really good vacation shots or just every day use there are all the focal lengths you would need and really good video.
It would certainly cost me as much to get that zoom capability at the long end for my mu43 or Fuji system

Back