FZ200 Image Thread

grebeman

Old Codgers Group
Thanks Jock, mostly done in DxO Pro9 Optics using the b+w preset and a little tweaking, just to see what it would produce. I've used the very latest v9.1.0 (1505) which supposedly produces a sharper result when saving with PRIME noise reduction. Sharpening was done with incremental applications of USM in Photoshop.

Barrie

G'kar

Regular
Real Name
Richard
Great images! Keep them coming!

Had a great time at a Peranakan Day which featured some of the dying craft of the Peranakans, a minority group facing almost extinction in South-east Asia through cross-cultural marriages, younger ones not bothering to perpetuate the culture. Here's a link on Peranakans for those who are interested: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peranakan

11474177645_de68d1cf3c_b.jpg

Beaded slippers worn by the females of Peranakans, known as Nyonyas.

ryanshoots

Regular
One from my V-Lux 4 which is the rebranded FZ200. I picked it up inspired by the output I've seen here and other places. It's a type of camera I've never owned before, but I wanted something for a fun walk about camera. I've rarely shot beyond 100mm, so this is a real experience for me. I don't shoot wildlife either aside from a nice shot I got of a pheasant once, so that is a departure for me as well.

30424463.fa009bf8.800.jpg

Squirrel! par RyanShoots, on ipernity

grebeman

Old Codgers Group
European Kestral

Cross posted from the "Show Birds" thread, there has been some cropping, but I was surprised to see the camera had caught the catch light in the birds eye.

140312-1010450_DxO.jpg

Had it been anything rare then this would have been a sufficiently good record shot to aid acceptance of the record, however, had it been anything rare it probably would have flown much sooner than this more confiding guy did :frown:

Barrie

Latest threads

Top Bottom