Canon Canon Powershot G7x vs Sony rxiii

And now DXO has rated the G7X sensor four points higher than that in the RX100 III, with slight wins in all three of it's categories. Shall we make a huge deal of this? No, I don't think it amounts to anything either, but I guarantee someone is gonna use it to claim bragging rights of some sort. It's the same basic sensor, maybe tweaked ever so slightly somehow, but I don't believe for a minute that it's substantively better than the one in the RX100 III...

-Ray

Yeah Ray, I don't think it needs to be more complicated than that simple breakdown.

I had the original RX100 as well. I'd say the 7 and the 100m3 are a bit faster to AF, though not something significant that would drive a purchase decision. These cameras are great because they are sort equal and people can choose based on feature differences. Not sure why there is an overriding need to declare a winner...

A new rawtherapee is out if you want to check the raws from these cameras, camera wb and auto exposure gives you the correct colors unlike the prev versions:
Downloads

Back