GAS-free Executive Lounge

Dangerous. They're the ones who made me buy an E-P5 a few months ago when they had it on special.

UGH. I should not hang about on ozbargain. Thats where I saw it :( I think I really dont want it, its just that huge price drop is a temptation. An E-P5 would tempt me more, I think, but I would have to sell all my Pentax and Nikon 1 gear and I dont want to do that either.

I've just taken delivery of a Sigma DP3M to complete the trio, couldn't resist with the £150 cash back deal having just a few days to run. I've been using my 1 and 2 to the exclusion of my other cameras in the last couple of weeks and have begun to gel with them. Does that mean I have to leave the lounge with a bowed head? :redface:

Barrie

curious symmetry (or asymmetry?) as i've just sold my Sigma DP2s and got about as much for it (after ebaypal fees) as Barrie got cashback with his DP3.

hohum

Wow. I guess we all know how this is but it can be hard...almost like trading in a car...rather shocking how little they'll give to you as compared to how much you paid.

I have some cameras I can't even sell (not into ebay at all, so thats a no go). My FZ100 is languishing, I've given up again and have decided to give it away to someone locally, since I can't sell it. I darent try selling either the GRD3 or XZ-1 since both are damaged, even though they still work well. The Pentax gear needs to go, too, but after seeing how little Mark is selling his for, I think I may as well keep it for those times I know I will wish I had. The X100 is going nowhere. The Nikon 1 stuff also... for now.

I had the same issue with some old film gear. Eventually I tracked down a charity that teaches photography to disadvantaged young people using donated equipment. If you do have stuff that's gathering dust and that isn't worth selling you could check and see if there are any similar charities in your part of the world.

hi folks

my name is tony and im a recovering gear hoarder and lens-a-holic. ive spent the last two years making amends for a decade of decadence by selling off a closetfull of slr, rangefinder, film and digital equipment, so that i could concentrate on my family which consists of my lovely wife, loyal dog, rx1, epl5 and two main film cams. oh yeah, and a nice selection of bourbon.

my hope is to replace my addiction by actually learning to use the gear i have. alas, i know that im just one new FF release from a relapse, so im here not only for the company, bon homme and bourbon, but for the strength we hope to find in numbers. god bless you all.

I had the same issue with some old film gear. Eventually I tracked down a charity that teaches photography to disadvantaged young people using donated equipment. If you do have stuff that's gathering dust and that isn't worth selling you could check and see if there are any similar charities in your part of the world.

Thanks for that suggestion, olli, I'll do just that thing. I was going to put it on freecycle but those people just resell anyway, I'd rather give to someone who will actually use it, and a photography group that teaches the disadvantaged? perfect.

I don't drink Alcohol, just wine, (all colours except Rosé), and then only French or white from New Zealand

any behind the bar?

they say the grapes can be the bane of the brain, but I'll pick up a case of something French and red for you Bill. For my friend Mark, I have discovered a wonderful tequila called Centenario that is not just smooth, but also delicious. You can drink it from a snifter without anything else to get in the way of the flavor. It will make you forget all your troubles. At least until you wake up in a strange city and wonder where you left your pants.

Back