GAS GAS: Please Share your Latest Acquisitions Big and Small

BillN

Hall of Famer
Name
Bill
I have just bought a Zeiss Biogon ZM 28mm f2.8 to go with my non existent M9

I keep telling my wife that the only way that I can recover the "investment" that I have in the Leica M fitting, (and screw), lens is to buy an M9, (or M8), but she does not seem to understand my logic

That's the trouble with wives, (women), they are not logical!!!

Oh well -

Hoya ND8 and ND4 filters. These are the HMC labled filters. Worked really well to get long shutter speeds when I went hiking in the smoking a few weekends ago.

Christina

The M9 purchase

I'll capitalise the initial cost of £5,000 plus £2,000 for a lens - then write it off over 10 years - so that's a cost of £700 a year - then revalue it every 5 years back to the original cost - therefore making a profit of £3,500 every 5 years - so the cost is really £0 per year

I'm just discussing this with my wife as we are in London for a few days - but she keeps raising her voice and interrupting me before I have finished explaining my "business proposition"

what would your advice be?

Bill, if this "model" works for you, can I use it too? I probably could have bought the wretched thing with change if only He'd said yes in the first place! Just thinking of all the money I've spent over the years looking for the perfect camera :)

Bill, if this "model" works for you, can I use it too? I probably could have bought the wretched thing with change if only He'd said yes in the first place! Just thinking of all the money I've spent over the years looking for the perfect camera :)

That's one of my points - being an "accountant" I have a computer inventory for all my stuff - the cost is 2 x what a Leica combo would cost - but hind sight is not something that I'm great at

Back