GAS GAS: Please Share your Latest Acquisitions Big and Small

Always been intrigued by the 4/3 lenses... took my first dip with the 12-60. The no-name adaptor seems to have some intermittent contact problems so I may need to keep an eye out for a proper Panasonic or Oly one - my E-M1 can be a little squirrely with my Oly 60mm macro so it may my camera but my E-M5 behaves in a similar way. Will see how much of a nuisance it becomes. Lens itself is a fair hunk of glass, seems size appropriate on my E-M1 but unbalanced (& slower) on my E-M5.

Next on my list is the Oly 50mm f2 Macro, I hear it was a bit of a bench-mark for sharpness for many years.

51766011512_3ec42578d0_o.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
PC230153 by Walter Kernow, on Flickr

2X 64GB micro SD Sandisk extrem cards and one 64 GB Sandisk Extreme Pro, the two first ones for the GX800 and 880, the latter one for the GX9 even though it for the moment is in the Stylus1S.

The Extreme Pro seems to have quite a bit more oomph than the 32 GB PNY elite it replaced. Bought some of the PNY`s to use them in the oldies, which works, but the stylus was a bit sluggish so I thought I should up the card.

The GX9 has a 64GB Extreme in it now, which will reside in the Stylus, come tomorrow.

Fighting off urges to look at old Pentax Dslrs which is not Qs... There is a nice K7 bundle with both the WR kit zooms, a Hitec 85 filter system and some other bits and bobs for an asking price of $140 on the local classifieds.

Fighting off urges to look at old Pentax Dslrs which is not Qs... There is a nice K7 bundle with both the WR kit zooms, a Hitec 85 filter system and some other bits and bobs for an asking price of $140 on the local classifieds.
Worth holding out for a K-5 if you can; price on those seems to be dropping through the floor and I have to restrain myself from picking a second body up. A lot of the sensor deficiencies in the K-7 are resolved. The K-7 is still a great camera & it takes nice shots but the K-5 is in another league with respect to performance; handling-wise the bodies are almost identical.

My latest acquisition checks two boxes -
My first manual focus F mount lens for my Df, as well as with the extension tube, my first 1:1 macro capable lens. Look forward to it getting here.

I could make a list of the next 5, 10, or 20 manual focus Nikkors to get...
What the heck,
105mm F2.5 Ai, 24/2.8 Nikkor (any), 35/2.0 Nikkor-O, 50mm F2 Ai, 135mm F3.5 Ai (Sonnar formula), 85mm F2 Ai or Ais, 55mm F1.2, 20mm F3.5 Nikkor-UD, 200mm F4 Ai

Worth holding out for a K-5 if you can; price on those seems to be dropping through the floor and I have to restrain myself from picking a second body up. A lot of the sensor deficiencies in the K-7 are resolved. The K-7 is still a great camera & it takes nice shots but the K-5 is in another league with respect to performance; handling-wise the bodies are almost identical.
Duly noted, I bought a K-7 when it was released but it wasn't much used when I sold it when entering the M-43 universe in 2016. Same package which I am oogling now as such.

Should probably have grabbed the K5II body with the 18-55WR which was up for grabs for $50, it didnt last long. I think I probably just should stop watching the classifieds for a while and enjoy the rather large collection of stuff I have. :drinks:

Looking forward to trying these out…
D260CB7E-F507-4C67-A45B-7C368E93184B.jpeg

I told my wife I got another SD1000. She asked 'Why?'. What can I tell her? She collects quilts that she makes. I collect silly little camera's that I can put on my toy train and make videos with easily.
I then told her I also won an auction for another tripod like I've been using for the last 35 or so years. It's not in the greatest shape cosmetically, but it looks like it has all the knobs and the quick release plug too. I plan on tossing it in the trunk of the car after cleaning it up some. I won't worry about getting it dirty. I photo her quilts in the house so have to keep one clean for that.
So that makes 2 cameras and one tripod, all for under $25, less the shipping, this month. No shipping on the tripod as it is at the local GW store here in OC.
What can I say? I'm easily pleased.

haul211201.jpg

haul211202.jpg

Received a load of goodies on Boxing Day as a forward payment for camera repairs to be done in 2022;

-Ensign Commando (broken strut guide pin)
-Yashica 35 (1958, missing the outer ring from the lens, but fully operational)
-Franka Solida II-R (Shutter jammed)
-50 meters of expired Agfa APX 100
-Rollei Retro film+developing gift set
-Post-war CZJ 5cm f/3.5 Tessar in Contax-mount (not in the photos)
-Reflex-Korelle outfit with 3 lensen (Shutter is faulty...of course)

Back