GAS GAS: Please Share your Latest Acquisitions Big and Small

I went through the five boxes I picked up earlier this week and performed some sort of Triage on them; redistributing the stuff according to what I find interesting for my collection, a bit interesting and not so interesting.
Most of the plastic stuff (and last-generation film SLRs) goes into the not interesting pile, though some of them appear to be quite collectible these days, like the Yashica T4

IMG_20211229_143113_2.jpg

IMG_20211230_111127_2.jpg

IMG_20211230_153529_1.jpg

IMG_20211231_122814_1.jpg

IMG_20211231_132707_1.jpg

I went through the five boxes I picked up earlier this week and performed some sort of Triage on them; redistributing the stuff according to what I find interesting for my collection, a bit interesting and not so interesting.
Most of the plastic stuff (and last-generation film SLRs) goes into the not interesting pile, though some of them appear to be quite collectible these days, like the Yashica T4

View attachment 284144

View attachment 284145

View attachment 284146

View attachment 284147

View attachment 284148
Sell it all and keep the CD writeable Sony Mavica...that’s where all the money is at!

Not my very latest but these two recent acquisitions (both brought last October) contrast somewhat & fit in with the thread title:
unmounted combo small.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The smaller is a 1.5" Pelepar cine lens (shown mounted on my Pentax Q below where it has about a 270mm equivalent FOV) while the larger is a projector lens of uncertain specification, I think it's around 200mm focal length but I haven't measured it (semi) accurately yet. Hopefully I'll mount it on my 4x5 at some point, provided the standards can bare the weight!
mounted pelepar small.jpg

I think the projector lens is my heaviest, & the Pelpar might be my narrowest but it's not the lightest - my 24mm/2.8 Auto110 lens is only 3/4 the weight (& better at image forming) but I've had that for over 3 years...

Started the month shopping around for a Summilux 50mm type 2 but have now ended up with a well serviced M mount collapsible Summicron 50mm and accompanying sonky close focus adapter instead, which I ended up much preferring. The sonky (or sooky as it’s alternatively called) can’t be used with the Summilux and I found the rendering of the collapsible Summicron more to my liking.

Picked up my HUGE expenditure of $5 tripod today at the local GW. It's a SLIK Universal 212, but differs from my original one in that the leg stabilizers are adjustable individually on each leg. All the parts are there albeit in need of a decent cleaning. So far, so good. I'm re-gluing the rubber matt as I type this.
IMG_0378.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

What looks like a 'bubble level' on the top of the telescoping part is actually a ball bearing in a conical piece.

Nikon Z 24-120mm f/4 S arriving this week, FTZ II this week or next - yay!

And on a related note, my Z 6 and Z 40mm f/2 are back from repairs, good as new - very happy, in spite of "seasonal" delays on spare parts ...

:D

EDIT: Trading in the Z 24-70mm f/4 S, Fujifilm XF 90mm f/2 WR (because I haven't used it since the Z 85mm f/1.8 S arrived) and Panasonic FZ1000 ...

M.

Back