GAS GAS: Please Share your Latest Acquisitions Big and Small

A silver 28mm Voigtlander Color Skopar F3.5 is on its way to me from Japan. For me, it's not "the one" - that's the Summicron. But the price was right on this Voigt so much so that I couldn't let someone else snap it up and I love it's appearance and size which is consistent with my "small lenses only" policy with RF cameras. I previously swore not to get used Voigtlander lenses for my RF due to a nasty experience of a member on this forum had with, I think, a 21mm Skopar but I'm giving this one a go (I can send it back if need be).

This is for street shooting/ landscape which raises the issue of why I need it given the similar focal lengthed GR is in my pocket every day - but that’s another matter!

Last edited:
Does another M2 SSD for my PC count?
I got a Kingston KC2500 2TB to use as a backup and general fast storage disk on my stationary PC a few weeks ago.
The price I paid was nearly 30% less then what it goes for today.
Sure it is "only" PCIe 3 but it will be fast enough for my needs.
Want to keep a copy of my system SSD on another SSD so if the main SSD fails I can boot from the other one. Still have to figure out how to do this.

A silver 28mm Voigtlander Color Skopar F3.5 is on its way to me from Japan. For me, it's not "the one" - that's the Summicron. But the price was right on this Voigt so much so that I couldn't let someone else snap it up and I love it's appearance and size which is consistent with my "small lenses only" policy with RF cameras. I previously swore not to get used Voigtlander lenses for my RF due to a nasty experience of a member on this forum had with, I think, a 21mm Skopar but I'm giving this one a go (I can send it back if need be).
My 35 skopar was used and it's a great performer. I think it's more likely you'll get a good one than a bad one, they are well-made lenses. I know the 28mm f3.5 is a well-regarded lens.

Does another M2 SSD for my PC count?
I got a Kingston KC2500 2TB to use as a backup and general fast storage disk on my stationary PC a few weeks ago.
The price I paid was nearly 30% less then what it goes for today.
Sure it is "only" PCIe 3 but it will be fast enough for my needs.
Want to keep a copy of my system SSD on another SSD so if the main SSD fails I can boot from the other one. Still have to figure out how to do this.
Make a system image of your boot drive onto an NTFS HDD. Use 'Backup and Restore' under 'System Tools'. 'Create System Image' IIRC.

Using one SSD to backup another SSD is not wise IMNSHO.

Unfortunately I've been on a little bit of a spending spree around the purchase of the K-1 II. Technically, I've been on a selling spree too, but I still need to find a way to make those two balances even out!

I ordered a "used, very good" Pentax HD FA 35mm f2 lens from Amazon. $230 made for a good deal on that lens, it's a pretty new one and there isn't a whole lot of info on it out there, even on Pentax Forums, but it should be good. Amidst the different manual focus lenses I am using with the K-1, I figured having one modern autofocus lens with the latest coatings on it would be a good idea, and 35mm f2 makes for what I think is a sensible all-around lens. I may very well get the 31mm Limited lens in the future, and when the time comes, this 35mm can be sold to help fund it.

I broke the eyecup on my em5-2 while removing it for cleaning, so find this to be a credible replacement.

JJC Camera Eyecup Eyepiece Viewfinder for Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark III II and OM-D E-M10 Mark III II Camera, Soft Silicone Eye Cup Replacement of EP-16 EP-15 Eye Cup, $13.99 from Amazon.​

1654889147098.jpeg

I ordered a "used, very good" Pentax HD FA 35mm f2 lens from Amazon. $230 made for a good deal on that lens, it's a pretty new one and there isn't a whole lot of info on it out there, even on Pentax Forums, but it should be good.
That's a good deal! That's even cheaper an smc one I can get from Japan.

Just picked up a Rokinon AF85mm F1.4 in RF mount. The RF mount 85 F2 was my first attempt at a solution. Size, price, close focus. Fine lens but I wanted a little more aperture pop. The EF 85 1.2Lii was my next venture. Beautiful rendering but slow AF and Canon ball like weight and balance made the choice easy for a switch. The Sam/Rok is relatively light and the native mount keeps balance closer to the body. AF is sure and fast and the images have a nice balance of sharpness wide open and smooth OOF rendering. It would seem that support for RF has been discontinued which is a shame as the system could really use more options.
628A0573.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
Well, fell off the non-buying a camera wagon, when this one popped up:

GX1 top.jpg

Still needing it about as much as another hole in my head, but this one, complete including bag and a 8 GB card for €50 plus postage it was a done deal. My silver GX1 has the delaminating screen issue and the seller promised that the screen on this one is GTG, so the deal was done.

Not to sure what to do with the silver one, but it leaves me with just one model to get in black, a GM1 to replace the silver one, so there is that.

That's an amazing deal for a non-delaminated GX1! Still a capable camera for RAW files, as long as you watch out for shutter shock.
Agree, can probably flip the kit-lens for a tenner or two more than the whole package. So fingers crossed for the description being correct. If push comes to show, I have a LVF-2 that I normally carry with the LX7s that is useable for the GX-1 as well. :drinks:

A used older Surface Pro, it will be sufficent to back up memory cards on holidays and a watch films on, nothing fancy but for a thing I would use 3 or 4 times a year it does not need to be.
Mine is wall mounted and runs a bunch of stuff for home automation, etc .. It's a neat device.

Had some trade and snagged a used Nikkor Z 85/1.8 S. Looking forward to using it more once the 100F temps subside in a few days.

Snapped these inside, though.

The new Nik Analog from Collection 5
06-15-2022_stuff_NZ6_3662_nik_analog_vcamc.jpg

Nik Analog Collection 5, then run through DxO Filmpack 6 and the Kodak T-MAX 3200 preset
06-15-2022_stuff_NZ6_3673_nik_analog_vcamc_dxo_tmax3200.jpg

So the GX1 came in today, very tidy, not a hint of screen de-lamintion to be found and less than 1500 shutter actuations. For all intents and purposes, it is like new with just a tiny spec of paint missing from one of the nubs on the bottom. Even the bag is like new, and one that I can see myself using quite a bit.

All in all, €62 inc. postage well spent.

20220616_170740.jpg

So the GX1 came in today, very tidy, not a hint of screen de-lamintion to be found and less than 1500 shutter actuations. For all intents and purposes, it is like new with just a tiny spec of paint missing from one of the nubs on the bottom. Even the bag is like new, and one that I can see myself using quite a bit.

All in all, €62 inc. postage well spent.

View attachment 317437
I still like to use my E-P1. These are still fine cameras.

Back