GAS GAS: Please Share your Latest Acquisitions Big and Small

2x Nikon Coolpix L30, 1x Coolpix L31, 1x Coolpix L25, 1x Fujifilm A235 (Pink). Perfect cameras for young nieces and nephews.
But it is sooooo difficult to find decent PINK point and shoot cameras using AA batteries at low prices.
Might have to go for purple next time.
:)
Honestly, you may also want to take a look at the Nikon W100 and its predecessors; only mildly more expensive, sturdy and weather-sealed - a good choice for the more ballistic kid (like my godson ...).

M.

A Samyang 12mm on it's way. Soon to be attached to the XT2.
I'm struggling a bit lately with a kind of photographic apathy .
Hoping going manual focus and ultra wide might kick start my waning interest.
I need to enjoy the act of making/taking pictures .
I would like to start to be a little more creative.

I had a lapse... I bought a second hand Pentax-M 35mm f/2 from Japan. Ended up paying far too much, once shipping and GST was factored in, but still, am pleased enough with it, its in excellent condition.

It should be a fine little lens. I recall for many years shooting with its slower (f/2.8) and not-quite-as-sharp 35mm sibling, and often wishing that I could either find - or afford - the faster (and all-around nicer) f/2. Congrats!!! And please post some pictures once you've put it through its paces.

Well, after quite a lot of deliberation, I GASsed out and got the Nikon Z6 with 24-70mm f/4 and FTZ adapter; as a consequence, I let go of all my DX (APS-C) gear - which wasn't an easy step to take, given how much I liked the D5500 and the Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8, of all things (in total, I sold two cameras and five lenses).

In spite of my apprehension going into this, I'm quite sure I did the right thing. We'll see how it turns out. For the next couple of weeks, I'll be testing the heck out of the camera, lens and adapter - I'm looking forward to doing that.

FWIW, I kept the D750 - it's just such a reliable workhorse camera, and until the market of S lenses is ripe, I'll hang on to all the FX glass anyway, so it was also kind of an insurance decision.

M.

I purchased a lightly-used 10-17mm fisheye zoom lens for my ancient Pentax K200D. Surprisingly, it's hardly larger, volume-wise, than the old Rokinon 7.5mm fisheye that I used with my micro 4/3 cameras for awhile. Here it is

K200d10-17mm#2.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Here is a head-on view --

K200d10-17mm#3.jpg

And here is one of the first handful of shots taken with it it -

FordFisheyeHeadlight-AnalEfexPro2.jpg

This was taken at the 10mm aka fisheye end of the zoom; supposedly at 17mm, it translates into a much more rectilinear image, roughly the equivalent of the old 24mm Takumar I used to use for my analog Pentaxes way back when. But....I like fisheyes quite a bit so I'm not sure how much use the 17mm end will get...but it's rather fun to have that option.

Nice camera! I had one for several years, but recently sold it to get a D850. Although I really like the D850, that Df was really nice to with Mf lenses.

So far I like Df a lot with old 50mm f1.4 Nikkor. Magnifying eyepiece helps a lot.

I ordered Voigtländer Norton 58mm f1.4 to complement my set. It’s going to be only lens I’ll use with Df. Autofocus pics will be taken with Oly E-M5 II. But delivery for Voigtländer is 30-40 days!! :eek-54:

Fuji X-E3, XF18-55, XF27, and yet to be received, XF 14/2.8. Completely consolidated from Sony and m4/3 systems.

Nice kit selection.

I'm also considering consolidating my Sony and m43 systems and going with Fuji in the middle ground. I've already sold off my Pen-F w/ lenses, but have a hard time letting go of the Sony - the files are just beautiful - FF look, DR latitude in post, etc. The Fujis can't match that from all my comparisons, but I do definitely prefer their shooting experience though, which is also a huge draw for me.

Last edited:
Fuji XE2s with 18-55 2.8-4.
Mint very low mileage from a company I’ve used often. Found it by accident at what I thought was really keen price. I then found it was also subject to a Black Friday extra 10 percent off.
It would have been silly not to have bought it .

Fuji XE3 to use with the 35 1.4 I still have. I can see a 27 coming my way at some point.
On the X-E3, the 27 makes for a really small and light go everywhere camera. Image quality is great, only real drawback is focusing speed and noise. Reminds me a lot of the Panasonic 20/1.7.

Fuji X-E3, XF18-55, XF27, and yet to be received, XF 14/2.8. Completely consolidated from Sony and m4/3 systems.

That's my old(but like new) 14mm that shipped out today to you. AKA matsu131.

Nice little kit you're building there.
I have the 15-45 and the old 18 and 35(focus speed and noise ;)).

And agreed. The 27 is just like the 20.

Back