GAS: Please Share your Latest Acquisitions Big and Small

Feb 6, 2015
Central Ohio, USA
Andrew
I've got a 2 lens good coming, one for the Nikon 18-55 AF-P lens and another for the Oly 17/1.8.

Then, I found a great deal on a Helios 44-2 58mm f/2 with m42 to Nikon f mount. On its way here from Ukraine.

Also picked up the other 2 digiFilm that I did not get originally with my Yashica Y35.

Dec 31, 2013
Louisville, Ky
I don't believe any other lens manufacturers ever came up with any equivalent feature to Pentax's Quick-shift ability. It's yet another example of an old and occasionally quirky camera and lens company creating a product which was designed with photographer's needs in mind. I honestly wasn't initially familiar with it until buying my first Quick-shift lens recently...but now I've become semi-addicted ;)
I had Canon lenses which did this. Canon called it full time manual focus. And any focus by wire lens should be capable of this also.

bilzmale

Super Moderator Emeritus
Jul 17, 2010
Perth, Western Australia
Bill Shinnick
Won a black Oly E-P3 on fleabay at a good price (a tad over $200 AUD). As well as the 14-42 kit lens it comes with the Pany 14mm f2.5 pancake which will make a discreet street unit. Have also bought extension tubes to try some macro again. If they don't work I have a few 50mm manual (35mm film) lenses to try or if I find a good s/h unit an Oly 30mm macro. Also got a new/old stock grip for $20. And I thought I was finished with ILC's.

mnhoj

gee aahrr
Jan 27, 2012
Los Angeles
John
Won a black Oly E-P3 on fleabay at a good price (a tad over $200 AUD). As well as the 14-42 kit lens it comes with the Pany 14mm f2.5 pancake which will make a discreet street unit. Have also bought extension tubes to try some macro again. If they don't work I have a few 50mm manual (35mm film) lenses to try or if I find a good s/h unit an Oly 30mm macro. Also got a new/old stock grip for $20. And I thought I was finished with ILC's.
That E-P3 is a looker. Congrats.

May 31, 2017
Central Florida
Timothy Williams
Well I'm on my 4th Rokinon 12mm. The first one was great but I sold it foolishly. Didn't think I would miss it with the 16 in the bag but I was wrong. I then got two in a a row that were very loose, so hoping this is my first one coming back to me. Also picked up a copy of Capture One Fuji Pro. That should keep me busy.

Apr 2, 2018
Blasted!

I simply don't know what it is about the winter but I always get mad GAS around January. Ever since I "picked" up photography hobby in 2016. First it was the Fuji X100T on Jan 1, 2016. Then in January 2017 I just had to get a Fuji X-T1 to taste the ILC world again. Then in January 2018 it was Olympus PEN-F that I had to get (finally bought it after brutal fights in Feb '18...)

And now there's the Leica MP 240 with my name on it, playing its siren song to me. I absolutely mustn't... but should I not delay the inevitable? Certainly... argh. Lock me up and throw away the key :)

It doesn't help one bit that on Tuesday I received a hefty tax return and tomorrow it'll be the paycheck that hits my checking account...

Edit: started a new thread for this, seeing some potential

Last edited:

siftu

Regular
Nov 10, 2018
Feb 6, 2015
Central Ohio, USA
Andrew
Walked out of the camera store today with the Nikon 35/1.8S in z mount.

Didn't mean to, but I was going through the business books today and saw that I either don't the money on gear, or give it to the tax man.

It's been raining constantly since 7am this morning. The only thing I was able to grab were a few pics of my dogs. I'll post those soon.

MoonMind

Hall of Famer
Dec 29, 2013
Switzerland
Matt
Some filters: A 72mm Hoya Pro1 HMC for my Nikon 24-70mm f/4 - because I really, really dislike the hood design, but still want a bit of protection for the front element - the Pro1 line is by all accounts the equal of the Pro1 Super line in terms of quality, even though the latter costs just about twice as much. And - more importantly in the long run, I guess - a NiSi Starter Kit - to finally up my landscape photography (i.e. take myself somewhat more seriously as a fledgling landscape photographer).

M.

Latest threads

Top Bottom