GAS GAS: Please Share your Latest Acquisitions Big and Small

Well, it has been a very productive month. I bought an Olympus OM-D EM1x, and then lowballed bid on a Fuji XT2 and won it for a very low price, then my favorite OP/TECH pro loop strap for the EM-1x, 2 more batteries for the Oly, a Nikon to Fuji adapter to try my Nikon lenses on the Fuji before springing for Fuji Lenses, a battery for the XT2 with charger, and then the grand finale for my wife----an Olympus OM-1, battery grip, remote control, new LED light sources for her on location work, and still to be ordered, a camera plate for the Fuji and a new camera clamp to replace my wife's tripod head mount which disintegrated with springs flying from the clamp during one of her sessions. I keep thinking I will sell something but---------.
The 35mm F2 WR is a great place to start. I’ve thought of getting the X-T2 a few times, as it seems like a solid bargain these days. I’m hoping the X-T5 will drive down the X-T3 a bit more and that’s when I might try Fuji again. Heck, the X-T2 is going to be really really cheap by then.

A 'used' mint condition Lumix S1R from a pro dealer with warranty.

Older tech, but I'd hazard a guess that the next generation will be north of £4K body only on launch so that won't happen unless I win the lottery.

Mechanical shutter count turned out to be 225, power cycles less than 200, and price included VAT @ 20%. Either ex showroom stock/customer return or warranty replacement. There isn't a single mark on it. The viewfinder is beautiful.

Very happy bunny.

A 'used' mint condition Lumix S1R from a pro dealer with warranty.

Older tech, but I'd hazard a guess that the next generation will be north of £4K body only on launch so that won't happen unless I win the lottery.

Mechanical shutter count turned out to be 225, power cycles less than 200, and price included VAT @ 20%. Either ex showroom stock/customer return or warranty replacement. There isn't a single mark on it. The viewfinder is beautiful.

Very happy bunny.
It always surprises me just how many used cameras out there have such low shutter counts. I don’t know if folks buy and forget, buy for an event and then sell or what, but there are some good deals out there used.

It always surprises me just how many used cameras out there have such low shutter counts. I don’t know if folks buy and forget, buy for an event and then sell or what, but there are some good deals out there used.
Businesses in the UK don't normally apply VAT at the full rate to used equipment. I could recover 16.66% of the cost if I put it through my books. Used equipment is usually taxed on the profit margin rather than the ticket price. I doubt that this is a secondhand item in the normal sense.

I picked up the accessory kits for attaching filters to my SX-70. I like the B&W 600 film, trying to tame it using color filters.

The SX-70 is 50 years old. Started using mine last December after 15 years. The latest batch of Polaroid film is much improved over the earlier attempts to recreate it.

It's really surprising to me as well. Last two camera purchases I put at least 500-1000 clicks on it just the first weekend. Mostly nothing shots but trying out the different modes and burst rates. I can't fathom buying a camera and not testing it out

Found in my father in laws garage. Thinking about CLA'ing. The last time it was used was likely close to 50 years ago.
PB050066.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Found in my father in laws garage. Thinking about CLA'ing. The last time it was used was likely close to 50 years ago.
View attachment 346398
Very nice find! I have a Canon IVSB that is in mint condition. It takes excellent images. I bought it several years ago because that is the camera my dad used when I was a kid, so for nostalgic reasons. Unfortunately my dad did not hang on to his. I would definitely get it CLA’d.

Very nice find! I have a Canon IVSB that is in mint condition. It takes excellent images. I bought it several years ago because that is the camera my dad used when I was a kid, so for nostalgic reasons. Unfortunately my dad did not hang on to his. I would definitely get it CLA’d.
When I bought mine, I went looking for a new half case since the brown leather ones that are original can be a bit thick and brittle. I keep my original brown case in my camera cabinet. Looking on line yielded no results so I contacted a seller on eBay that I had bought a nice case for my old Leica M3. He ended up making one for me and now sells them on eBay. It fits perfectly and is well made. I thought I would let you know in case you are interested.
2A0B1E27-1A2C-4EE9-AAA5-5DBB54F2E1DE.jpeg

View attachment 346398
Oh, hell yes. That's a sweet old camera deserving to be used and that lens is a fine example of Canon's art. It's well worth the cost of the CLA and film. Ilford XP2 would be good in it - black and white but you can get it done at any lab that does C41, cheaper and faster.

An "excellent" used Oly 12-100 f4 Pro is winging it's way from mpb to fulfill a long-held want (need?) I'm really looking forward to trying this new toy. Price was so good I couldn't pass it up. I ordered a Hoya Pro protective filter as well. Of course FedEx will probably deliver tomorrow while I'm out of town at the Pacemaker clinic fine tuning my latest in-body hardware.
The new lens came while I was gone, but was faithfully sleeping by the front entrance like a lost puppy awaiting a bit of love. The lens appears to be in the excellent condition, as described by mpb, and is proving to play very well with my em1-3. Enclosed are a few images that I took yesterday.

1667762401768.jpeg

Woodpecker evidence.

1667762540910.jpeg

Autumn Birches.

1667762749041.jpeg

Tansy weed. Cropped, nice background rendering

Picked up a full set locally - build quality is excellent but the plastic screw-on filter thread adapters seem a little on the loose side to me. I wouldn't replace some of the prime/zooms I have covering this range already as they add a fair bit of chunk to the otherwise very svelte 14. On the other-hand, these all seem to work quite well optically and look like they'd be a lot of fun to use if you had a limited budget or just had the 14 or early kit 14-42 or 14-45.

View attachment 344866PA300029 by Walter Kernow, on Flickr
Great find.

I am a bit keen to try out either that set, or the Olympus equivalent, myself.

So... I decided to try an inexpensive experiment: a relatively fast (f/4) high quality manual-focus prime. The one I've wound up with is a Minolta Rokkor MD 200mm telephoto. It has an f/4 aperture, is shockingly lightweight (compared to the monstrously heavy more modern lenses I tried out), and it feels almost perfect on my smallish E-M5iii body.

View attachment 345749

If you get one of those Viltrox 0,7 speed boosters, you end up with a 140mm f:2.8.

Older long telephoto lenses are possibly the one thing that tempts me in regards of dabbing with conversions. For me, it is what makes sense on the M43 sensor. :)

Great find.

I am a bit keen to try out either that set, or the Olympus equivalent, myself.
I got the set for $180NZD - seemed fair. I'm not sure I'd go out of your way to track them down unless its a bargain and you don't have something else to cover the range. A forum-poster suggested trying it with the 12-32 so I'm curious to see whats possible. Will need to see if I have any step-down rings (it also works on the kit 14-42).

It's really surprising to me as well. Last two camera purchases I put at least 500-1000 clicks on it just the first weekend. Mostly nothing shots but trying out the different modes and burst rates. I can't fathom buying a camera and not testing it out
Almost makes me think many get purchased as gifts or for a one time big trip. I could see how some folks going on a trip could get an expensive camera and then end up using their smartphone for most of it anyway because they didn’t take time to really figure out how it works. Or when you have your first kid—get that good camera for all the memories, and then you realize just how much easier it is to share that picture or video you just took on your phone while you’re neck deep in diapers!

Pure greed made me do it...

GX1 med søker.jpg

GX1 as shown plus bag, some sundries and postage for €100.

Mostly based on getting a second LVF-2. This entire package was less than what I paid for just the LVF I already have, and given that those are getting harder to get I think it is smart to have a spare. This one fits the LX7 as well as the GX1.

Back