GAS GAS: Please Share your Latest Acquisitions Big and Small

Pure greed made me do it...

View attachment 346661

GX1 as shown plus bag, some sundries and postage for €100.

Mostly based on getting a second LVF-2. This entire package was less than what I paid for just the LVF I already have, and given that those are getting harder to get I think it is smart to have a spare. This one fits the LX7 as well as the GX1.
I agree, Jens.

My VF-4 for my E-PM2 cost me about AUD $300, delivered from Amazon USA. That's almost double what I paid for the E-PM2 body, and a car/240V charger with two batteries.

An extremely useful accessory (necessity?) though.

An extremely useful accessory (necessity?) though.

I like to have them around, and I have them for the cameras I have, which supports such units.

Currently I have the Lumix LVFs 1 and 2 and an Oly VF-2, the latter on par with the LVF-1 from Lumix. Highly usable but a far way from the LV-2 and I guess the VF-4, I will pick up one of the latter if it comes around with some sort of decent price. :)

I like to have them around, and I have them for the cameras I have, which supports such units.
Jens, I only have the E-PM2 that needs the VF-4, but I think that my E-M1 MkI is also compatible with it.
Currently I have the Lumix LVFs 1 and 2 and an Oly VF-2, the latter on par with the LVF-1 from Lumix. Highly usable but a far way from the LV-2 and I guess the VF-4, I will pick up one of the latter if it comes around with some sort of decent price. :)
From what I've read, the VF-4 is the pick of the crop, but getting very expensive, and rare.

From what I've read, the VF-4 is the pick of the crop, but getting very expensive, and rare.
In the Olyverse, it is by what I read of it, but for Lumix its the LVF-2 that is the latest and highest specced one.

There are quite a difference between the two Lumixes, and I guess that it is much the same with the VF-2 and 4, the VF-1 I think is a optical one, and the 3 is by all accounts a quite horrible excuse for a viewfinder. 😃

Panasonic 20mm 1.7 ii. Because...why not. I'm keeping it this time. Really. Why do I ever sell this lens. I should just store it away for 6 months when I get bored of it, because I always buy it back again. It's very nice on the EP7 :) I want to like the O17/1.8, and while MF clutch and AF speed are nice, I just prefer the P20 results.

In the Olyverse, it is by what I read of it, but for Lumix its the LVF-2 that is the latest and highest specced one.

There are quite a difference between the two Lumixes, and I guess that it is much the same with the VF-2 and 4, the VF-1 I think is a optical one, and the 3 is by all accounts a quite horrible excuse for a viewfinder. 😃
Yes, the VF-3 looks like a dog. I avoided it like the plague.

The VF-4 has about 2.5 million dots, and is very good IME.

Panasonic 20mm 1.7 ii. Because...why not. I'm keeping it this time. Really. Why do I ever sell this lens. I should just store it away for 6 months when I get bored of it, because I always buy it back again. It's very nice on the EP7 :) I want to like the O17/1.8, and while MF clutch and AF speed are nice, I just prefer the P20 results.
Been here, done this! :D

I have had one of those for several years now. It is a great little camera, the built in flash is nice to have.
I bought this to use while walking the dog. I've tried that before with the GX80, but it didn't quite work for that. I have limited ability to do anything while I have a 40kg steam-driven meat-missile on the other end of the leash. Especially if we're outside our normal hoods... Too much enthusiasm and too much torque and a four-wheel-drive system, and that makes holding anything steady a bit difficult.

I'm actually a bit jealous to all of you who can take pictures while on walkies... I've seen so many images I've been unable to take on our walks.

Me too. And getting ready to do it again.
Been here, done this! :D
And I have the 20mm 1.4.

I feel like that about my f/1.8 25 Olympus. Most of the time it never gets near a camera, but every now and then, it's useful. I knew that before I bought it, and accept that it is never going to live on any body. The 14-42 EZ, 12-50 macro and 12-100 are my resident lenses.

The Fujifilm XT-2 I won on eBay arrived today. It is really nice and looks new except for some paint loss on the base plate. It came with a battery that was charged. I had to change the menu to allow the Fuji to use a non-auto focus lens and it worked great. Had to order from Amazon a couple of batteries and a charger and have been reading the online manual. I think I will like it. The colors are fantastic out of the camera. Here is one of the last surviving tomatoes in my garden. This was with the ancient Nikkor pre-AI 135mm 3.5 which needed a little dehazing.

DSCF1013.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Got my SmallRig carbon fiber tripod delivered today. I've been fairly pleased with the few small accessories I have from them. This tripod also seems to be quite good for the price, and I really like how compactness is an ongoing design standard of sorts for them.

It's a 54" total height model with no center post, and with a ball head. One of the legs can be separated and turn into a monopod (which I probably won't do, honestly). The whole thing weighs 2.6 lbs. Size compares very favorably with the Sunpak dinosaur which I have used up to this point. The working weight will easily handle my K-1 with the sort of lenses I use.

I haven't had a tripod I'd be willing to tote around with me until now. Not sure just how often I will end up using it, but I'm pleased.

R0007200-01.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The Fujifilm XT-2 I won on eBay arrived today. It is really nice and looks new except for some paint loss on the base plate. It came with a battery that was charged. I had to change the menu to allow the Fuji to use a non-auto focus lens and it worked great. Had to order from Amazon a couple of batteries and a charger and have been reading the online manual. I think I will like it. The colors are fantastic out of the camera. Here is one of the last surviving tomatoes in my garden. This was with the ancient Nikkor pre-AI 135mm 3.5 which needed a little dehazing.

View attachment 346829
Yes, the Fuji's have a quirk ;) you need to change the menu to "shoot without lens" to allow for adapted lenses to be 'seen'
Many users have come unstuck with that :D Enjoy your new X-T2. I've had mine since 2017 and it's stood me in good stead

Since I can't get my Panasonic S1 sold (trying to sell it mainly due to ergonomic reasons), might as well try to use it.

Ordered a new set of Urth adapters. Nikon G, Leica M, Pentax K adapters for L mount.

Now I will probably get an offer on the camera within the next few days or so.
Now if were an S5 (at a great price) I'd snatch it up right now! It would go well with my G95. :p

Back