GAS GAS: Please Share your Latest Acquisitions Big and Small

I almost reunited with the E-M1.3. KEH has them for really cheap, AND they have a Black Friday sale going on. One can get an EX+ body for $710 today. I'll try to have some restraint and stick with the E-M5.3 instead. Haven't shot (or posted) much lately, which maybe helps cool the trigger finger.

In terms of crap BF deals, DxO is selling PureRAW2 for $89 currently. Upgraders don't get any deals, so it's still $79. Kindofa slap in the face to existing customers, IMO.
I've settled into a 2 year upgrade cycle with DXO. Skip an upgrade (go from ver 1 to ver 3 for example) and the price to bring it up to the latest version is still the same.

I've settled into a 2 year upgrade cycle with DXO. Skip an upgrade (go from ver 1 to ver 3 for example) and the price to bring it up to the latest version is still the same.
Yeah, it's not really much of an upgrade unless I went with Fuji again, as v1 doesn't know what to do with RAFs. V2 really only offers a speed improvement (especially when you have an M1/M2 Mac), so it's not worth $79 to me.

Black Friday find:

2022-11-27_2018_PRO38667.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

You may recall my Rollei 35B from not too long ago. It's really fun to use, but my copy has just a tiny bit of a problem: the film rewind crank doesn't work, so I've had to rewind my films back home in a black bag. This should resolve that!

It would probably be easy to fix the rewind crank, but with the 35S I also a better placed viewfinder window and more of the slow shutter speeds for shooting in dark November (35B's low limit is 1/30s!).

Neither of my 35's has a functioning light meter, so I reserve the right to get a third one at some future date...

Last edited:
Haven't bought any camera gear at all during this black week.
....until, just now.... some minutes before bedtime on cyber monday :) thought I needed a flash for the new Nikon Z system. So I bought this Godox Speedlite V860III with transmitter. Was good discount on it. Will be most fun to try out, have never had a "real" wireless flash.

flash.png

I bought a Gary Fong light sphere when it went on sale at Amazon the other day. It was delivered today. I wish I had bought it sooner! I've tried bouncing off the ceiling, diffusers, bounce cards and nothing compares to this sphere in my short tests today. It really does a nice job with no hotspots and even, non-harsh lighting. I've tried with both my Olympus and Sony bodies with a Godox flash.

Last edited:
Just grabbed this EP-M1 bundle for €33 inc postage, what I want here is the bag, the rest is to be parted off and sold.

Several of the bag model to be had but this was the only one with a bonus camera/lens and the cheapest one in the classifieds. The rest was at £30 plus an additonal tenner in postage. 😄
Incredible isn’t it? Might want to shoot a couple of frames before you toss the PM1 though. You might be surprised. I found a couple of those cheap as dirt and they are great as “glove box” cameras to keep in each car. Not at all a bad little camera and the build quality was good back then.

Well I've talking about it, and finally bought a Gh6/PL12-60mm. Posted a few images from day 1 in the "walking about" thread. No matter what the reviewers (most are just click baiters if you ask me) compared to my 2 G9's it's a better camera every way (amazed at how good the stills are), however keeping both G9's. Kind of done for long run buying gear for a while (not count a few things I need for the Gh6 to be fully outfitted). Great deal during this buying season at $2300 for the kit.

Incredible isn’t it? Might want to shoot a couple of frames before you toss the PM1 though. You might be surprised. I found a couple of those cheap as dirt and they are great as “glove box” cameras to keep in each car. Not at all a bad little camera and the build quality was good back then.
I know, I have a black one from earlier. :drinks:

Nothing yet, but . . . I got notice from Pixii today that they have a new motherboard and an upgrade path. Enhancements, bug fixes in the new board plus a CLA/overhaul while getting the new board. I am happy with the images I get now. They are excellent for an APSC and the color is quite nice, more toward water color than acrylic but accurate. Pixii has tuned the BSI CMOS Sony sensor pretty well. But if the upgrade is reasonable I would probably go for it.

For an out of the mainstream camera which is new to the marketplace it is a nice product. There have been some teething problems for sure. But viewed as a whole the camera does well what you want it to do: take a good photo when presented with the opportunity.

Here is a link to illustrate color and detail: P0000455

And another: P0000457

And finally: P0000462

No sense of restraint. But, my point, the little camera does well with the 2/3 sensor. I suspect they were taken with the CV 35mm Nokton II.

Last edited:
Dropped a small amount on a used Oly 9mm BCL. I had one before but traded it in when I went on a Fuji bender. This little lens is a blast, and doubles as a body cap for easy transport on the E-M5.3. I’ve been considering a larger body a few times, but I’m trying to stick to the small and light of the M43 world. The 12-32 might be on my list eventually too. I think my MCON-P02 would even mount to it.

So many choices in sensors and aspect ratios. For tiny yet capable I have an old Pentax Q-S1 which has surprisingly good images in terms of color and detail. And it does movies. And I can put the lens in one shirt pocket and the camera in the other. It is packed with software goodies. As I am in a link posting frenzy, here is a funny post of Santa and his squeeze shortly after Christmas. They have loaded the car and are driving down to Santa Barbara for a much needed vacation.

Found a good deal on an alpha mount 35mm f/1.8 for my new to me Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D. That is on the way.

Also, wanted a small kit for m43 that is better in low light than the 12-100/4. To round out the focal lengths, I snagged a good condition Panasonic 14mm f/2.5 pancake.

I’ll have that, the Panasonic 9mm f /1.7 and the Panasonic 35-100/2.8.

Dropped a small amount on a used Oly 9mm BCL. I had one before but traded it in when I went on a Fuji bender. This little lens is a blast, and doubles as a body cap for easy transport on the E-M5.3. I’ve been considering a larger body a few times, but I’m trying to stick to the small and light of the M43 world. The 12-32 might be on my list eventually too. I think my MCON-P02 would even mount to it.
That 9mm is a very fun and nice addition for any M43 shooter.
The 12-32 boxes well above its weight, as does it larger sibling, the 35-100 f:4-5.6. That combo is a wonder in the photographic world. :drinks:

Back