GAS GAS: Please Share your Latest Acquisitions Big and Small

That's one of my points - being an "accountant" I have a computer inventory for all my stuff - the cost is 2 x what a Leica combo would cost - but hind sight is not something that I'm great at

See, now there's an argument for the wife. "Dear, if I could just trade away most of this, I'd have almost all the money for a Leica."

This is profane (but hilarious) and was posted in Leica's twitter stream yesterday. It's about buying a medium-format camera.

Leica is a "work of art"

There is much debate as to whether it is still the or (one of the best) "best" photographic tool(s)

one of the attractions for me of the Panasonic G was the ability to use it as a "poor" man Leica with RF glass

nothing will make me a "better" photographer - but I do like to appreciate good quality, well designed and unique products

Weeeeeel.... Let's not get carried away folks about the M9.
For me, the m9 with a 35 Cron or Lux and I'm set for life.
Do I think it would make my work better? Yes, no doubt.
Could I justify having it? Certainy, it's just way out of my reach.
Maybe someday if I find the money the bank said I lost.

in photographic (modern) terms you have
Nikon
Leica
Canon

plus Zeiss, CV, (congratulations for what they are now doing)

(add at your leisure)

It's brand marketing but it is also quality

The "East" provide us "money printing" westerners with a great choice

nothing wrong with all that - we can discuss it to keep Microsoft, Intel and Apple in business - (plus EBay)

I was surfing Leica stuff on the local Craigslist and found this ad for a Wista. I hadn't really paid attention to them before, not being a large format person, but I've got to admit it's pretty.

Showed it to hubby, who said, "So?"
Then told hubby's reaction to a friend when we were all at lunch, and friend said, "Ohhh, is that a Wista?" and gazed longingly at it for a full minute.

So then hubby finally tells me last night he's got an ancient Rollei medium format camera around somewhere..... We've been married ten years, he's watched me take tens of thousands of photos, and now he brings it up? Yeah, I like auto exposure as much as the next person, but we've got a great store specializing in medium and large format one town over, so I could definitely go for help if needed.

Thanks for the laughs!
angel_not.gif
All of them, including the Wista!

How could he not know?!!!! Is he that much younger, or was he busy doing other stuff?

I'm becoming wistful now... The Lovin' Spoonful, Sam The Sham and the Pharaohs...

He's not younger, he just was one of those classical music kids raised overseas for part of those critical years. 45s just weren't one of his things.

His hobbies are relentlessly and dutifully cheap. Which is both a good thing and a bad thing. :)

Well, my next photo purchase is going to be lugging the bod out to K&S tomorrow for an SD card. I hope they're out of the Oly 45-150 lens package because I'm not sure I could resist.

Do not bring your credit card nor debit card nor check book nor more than whatever the SD card costs!:warning: You need to control your impulse buying incase there's something different on the horizon.;)

I tried the NEX5 for a couple of days, but returned it. It doesn't work for me for a number of reasons. Back to the EP1.

Back