GAS GAS: Please Share your Latest Acquisitions Big and Small

My newest DX addition. This PZ works very well on my Z fc and has excellent IQ.. :2thumbs:

XT5A0960.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

As an update, I'm really digging Capture One Pro 2023. Interestingly, it's the first editor I've come across that will use both D500 GPUs in my 2013 Trash Can Mac. It's by far the best performing editor I've come across on macOS. ON1 2023 has some delays loading RAFs that just start getting annoying, though the AI denoise is really good on it. I guess they both will have their place, and with my RAW library on pCloud, the sidecars are synced, so even if I have to restore or swap machines, the non-destructive edits are synced. I also like how C1 allows for more UI customizations to speed up workflow. Very thoughtful program, which is always nice to see.

I bought a couple of small Benro ball heads to attach to the long stick used to attach the Savage LED light for light painting. Also, $1,025 was spent on a new fan for the air-cooled Porsche 911 SC Targa which my wife will use as one of her images in a portfolio of light-painting of cars and airplanes. I guess that counts!

Been a slow forthnight on the aquisistion side, and somewhat thankfull for that, but I have just gotten this one:

Lowepro classified 250.jpeg
Photo from lowepro.

Got is as NOS from a fellow on the local classifieds for €30. Had I found the shown picture beforehand, I think I would have passed on it, the bag is absoulutely humoungus and way, way over the top for any possible combination of anything I have.

I wouldnt be suprised if it is cubic wise, larger than my Backlight 26 rucksack and that one easily holds 3 bodies with an array of Pro level zooms and half a dozen of 1.7/1.8 primes with room to spare. I believe that the only situation I can see with this bag is a couple of bodies, Pro level zooms and a "hefty" OFC lighting kit.

Also ordered one of these:
Meike 3.5 mm kopi.jpg
Photo from Meike.
Not that I need it as such, but I think it can be fun to horse around with. May even give it is own body to live on, just for the heck of it, and carry it on its own as a secondary or even tertiary camera for its odd field of view. May even give it a go at defishing.

It is somewhat of a first step off the beaten track when it comes to M43 lenses. I have solidly been in the AF camp, if I disregard the Oly BDCs and the Vivitar 500 mm mirror that I have hardly used and all of those are fixed f:8s.

The Meike gets quite glowing reviews and are built as a a proper M43 lens from the ground up, so I will be getting the circular picture from a true fisheye and none of those cropped edges that is typical for the APSc adapted fisheyes. 149 bucks brand new plus Norwegian sales tax and I splurged another $30 on express delivery due to the free mail option would have been touch and go, in regards for my upcoming vacation.

Not shown but in the mail, is a K&F Concept T2 to M43 adapter for the Vivitar 500 mm mirror lens. It is on a T2 to PK adapter now, it is as I bought it, but the idea was to also get it on the M43 hoard.

Last edited:
Since we see many flea market finds here, I recommend the book "The Golden Flea" by Michael Rips. He's a NYC lawyer and writer who got addicted to visiting the Chelsea flea market in Manhattan. The book describes the vendors he met over the years, their interesting back stories, and the impulses that made them collectors.

Made a couple of offers on the best condition black Pentax MX I could find on eBay, and eventually accepted a counteroffer. $199 plus shipping for the camera and another Pentax-M 50mm f1.7... so I'll definitely have at least one 50mm f1.7 to sell. Maybe both of the M versions, since I have the Pentax-A version and so far it seems to be great IQ. In my experience these types of lenses sell fairly easily on eBay.

Now, hopefully the MX is as clean and good condition as they say, and the pictures imply. And now we see how quick "expedited shipping" from Japan might be.

Hooked some paraphernalia earlier in the evening, picking it up tomorrow:

slide projector.jpgreflecta.jpg
It is part of the ongoing plan to get the family slides digitalised.

Used to have a rather advanced early 90s model Reflecta projector, but forgot it on a farm after an event, and never saw it again.

The projector will speed up the sorting of the stuff quite a lot, and if I manage to find back to the correct video on Youtube, there is a recipe for popping the lens of the projector, and more or less hooking the projector onto the camera and the feed a magazine, advance, shoot , advance, shoot ad infinitum. If that really works, it would very much take the hassle out of the slide copying at least. I was more than willing to spend the €30 for the bundle on the chance it may work.

Back