GAS GAS: Please Share your Latest Acquisitions Big and Small

I’m back with the 16mm and 90mm

I bought a wartime Tessar 5cm F2.8 in Exakta mount- under $50, too good to pass up. Cleaned out internal fog, came out so nice I don;t have the heart to hack it into Leica mount. Guess I'll get a u43 adapter for it.

Haha, I do like that - the taping over the logos, the lived in look, even the crack down the side. If I ever get an A7 to house the old legacy lenses then that's how it's going to look.
I got an A7 (cheap) from KEH and the evf housing had significant scrapes down to the metal. It looked like it had hard life. Unfortunately, the AF was intermittent do I had to upgrade to a clean one. :D

Last edited:
Winter jacket, yes. 😉
That actually puts me in half a mind of "downgrading" my FE mount camera - but I do think I.B.I.S. is worth the additional bulk in the end (because it also works with adapted lenses - and that's what the A7 II is for in my collection).

However, I find it peculiar that the A7 is still the second smallest and lightest FF mirrorless body (the Leica M bodies are smaller, but noticeably heavier - just as heavy as the A7 II, in fact). Even the upcoming RP is bulkier ...

Anyhow, the reason that I wanted a coat-pocketable body led me to get the M8, and it does its job in a very pleasing fashion.

Nah, it's better to stick with what I have.

GAS out - or so I hope ... :)

M.

Bought a Trackball and it arrived today. As my PD progresses I've found simple mouse controls getting harder and taking multiple attempts as even a slight movement of the mouse translates to an on-screen movement that mis-clicks or clicks something else. Worse is my lack of control of the right button finger leading to unintended drag-and-drops. Files and folders disappear and are to be found somewhere else :doh: .
Silly thing is I bought a trackball in 2016 but it is nowhere to be found in my 'clinically organised' office.

All's well that end's well. :drinks:

Back