GAS GAS: Please Share your Latest Acquisitions Big and Small

I currently shoot Sony (A7ii), but had a play with the Z6 today while putting in my preorder for the Ricoh GRiii. Wel, I must say, I was very impressed. Excellent build quality, great feel, and the AF seemed very snappy. EVF was really nice too. Tried it with both the 24-70 and 50mm S lenses. Very impressed with them as well.

I think you made a good choice selling of the F gear for replacements in the S line.
Apparently there's a smaller sized "consumer" version coming out soon as well, just like the Canon one.

If there's any consolation to being sick the past 4 days, it's that I got to be here a few minutes ago to have the FedEx driver hand me a box containing a mint condition X-T2. I also bought a brand new XF 18-55 for only $299. OK, it was grey market, but I can live with that.

100% of my Sony, Olympus, and Panasonic gear has been shipped out in the past week. It's not the first time I've purged gear, but this time feels much more satisfying. I'm going to try to do the same with some guitar gear when Spring hits. Yes, GAS comes in many forms!!

Does non-functioning (most likely) gear that'll only be put on the shelf added to the collection count as GAS? If so, I picked up an old Brownie 8mm this week along with a Kodak Instamatic 250. The Brownie is not in the greatest shape but it's a neat piece of hardware while the Kodak came with the original case and seems to be in better shape.

Both came from the local thrift store. They also had an old Minolta 110 Zoom SLR (the original 'flat' design) but at $99 they were just asking too much for it so maybe another day; it'd be neat addition to the collection though.

Well ....... since I really wanted this one, and the price was right, it now lives on my E-M10 II.
AF focuses accurately and fast enough for my needs. Images at f1.7 are very good so I'm happy :D
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I've been a very bad boy.
Confession.
Started on 22 December 2018, picked up my z6 with 24-70, 50mm and ftz adapter.

since then, for my Oly body...

8-16mm panny - happy it comes with hood : i really like this lens
17mm f1.8 with metal hood : I really like this lens too

planning on the upgrade to ricoh GRlll...though the leica q2 is tempting, I prefer the small size of the GR...besides, I'm just about broke

:boohoo:

M
ps. I have picked up a box of paper for my epson p600, and am about to buy a set of ink...

Fuji 56 1.2 landed today Looks mint and I'm sure I will love it, just to tired to go shoot tonight. Been a while since I've had a Saturday to sleep in so pics will come tomorrow afternoon. The 16, 23, 56 and 90 will make for a chunky kit I can already tell. Plus I'll throw in the 18-55 just for good measure.

Last edited:
Fuji 56 1.2 landed today Looks mint and I'm sure I will love it, just to tired to go shoot tonight. Been a while since I've had a Saturday to sleep in so pics will come tomorrow afternoon. The 16, 23, 56 and 90 will make for a chunky kit I can already tell. Plus I'll through in the 18-55 just for good measure.
I have the 16, 35, 56, and 90. Usually I take just three of them picking focal lengths depending on what I’m shooting. Also I’ve found the 16-55 and 90 make a great pairing. 18-55 in your case.

In the space of about 2 weeks I did a complete flip of my digital gear. Today I purchased the final piece, an XF 55-200 from Japan. I've so wanted to take the X-T2 and XF 18-55 on a walkabout in the very cold but sunny conditions we've had this week, but this viral crud I've been fighting has been kicking my tail. Alas, no hike or bike ride this weekend. :(

I told you when you bailed a while ago that you would be back to Fuji! 👍

'Decided to try a "short" neck strap for my RX100 M5. I wanted something that would work well for hikes and snowshoeing. Longer straps tend to make the camera bounce around for me, even a compact camera like the RX100. I first tried a wrist strap but found pulling the camera out of a jacket pocket was very awkward. As always, "Gordy's Straps", gordy's camera straps , came though.
. . . David

Back