• Cameraderie, a friendly photography forum for photographers and camera enthusiasts!
    If you are looking for critique, tips, advice, buying recommendations, or just want to talk to fellow enthusiasts then join now for free!

GAS: Please Share your Latest Acquisitions Big and Small

Jock Elliott

Hall of Famer
Jan 3, 2012
Troy, NY
Jock, congrats on the Mk IV - I love my III. I see, like me, almost as much fun can be had accessorizing. :drinks:
That was actually a package deal . . . all that stuff for $100 less than the usual price of the RX10 IV. Since a memory card, external charger, extra battery, protective filter, and rear screen protector were all part of the deal (and those were things I would need anyway), it seemed like the way to go. The tripod isn't bad and has a quick release plate. I don't know if I will ever use the flash/video light unit or the memory card wallet or image recovery software. The small camera backpack is really kind of weird, and I haven't taken the time to figure it out since I have a shoulder bag that I prefer.

Cheers, Jock

Last edited:

Jonathan F/2

Regular
Aug 21, 2011
Los Angeles, USA
I picked up a minty used copy of the Nikon 105mm 1.4 E lens for a really good price . So far focus seems spot-on using both my Nikon D750 and Sony A7 III + Commlite ENF-E1 adapter. Lens is sharp wide open, but with crazy/smooth OOF rendering. I'm split right now 50/50 if I should keep it or sell the lens, since I'd have to sell some stuff to make room. It's a bit slow to focus, kind of heavy, but it renders like no other lens on the market!

Size-wise it's a tad smaller than the Sigma 85mm 1.4 Art, but doesn't focus as fast. It also works fine on my Sony A7 III, which I find funny because some of the best lenses you can use on a Sony body is Nikon glass! :D

A couple shots of the 105mm 1.4 E mounted on the Sony A7 III + Commlite ENF-E1 Pro adapter:

190503_NIKON_105_GEAR_PHOTOS_FRIOLO
by Jonathan Friolo, on Flickr

The Grandpa Nikon 105mm 2.5 AI-S next to the Grandson 105mm 1.4 E:

gordo

Regular
Jul 6, 2017
Arizona
So, a thing happened yesterday... :coffee-79:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Z6 bundle with FTZ, XQD card, camera bag. Also picked up the RRS base plate, spare battery, card reader, and LM-NZ adapter. Will use the Z with these lenses for a while and see how I get along with the ergos and performance. If it looks like a good match for me, I'll add a Z lens or two after making a decision on what other gear goes on the chopping block.

Latest threads

Top Bottom