GAS GAS: Please Share your Latest Acquisitions Big and Small

I have a custom made Instax Mini (it's like ~95% coverage of 645 medium format) back for my Bronica ETRSi on the way. I really look forward to it!

This would make it to around 90 cents per shot.

It's very crazy that this has the potential to be cheaper than shooting 120 film!

Even cheap black and white film would be ~8 euro for 15 shots + developing (without pushing = another 8.5 euro)
So that's 16.5 euro for 15 shots = 110 cents per shot. And then I don't even have scans or prints 😅

It's nice to have the option though!

Edit: to be fair I could develop the black and white film at home. But haven't taken that step yet..

Last edited:
So...I did a thing today! I've ordered a Leica Q from MPB. I've craved one since they were announced...and a few weeks ago I found out that I have stomach cancer, and not bad indigestion after all. I've just started on my chemotherapy and immunotherapy, and all the indications are hopeful. But still, if possibly impending mortality can't loosen the purse strings, what else can? Anyway, the Q will arrive on Wednesday along with a leather half case and thumb rest. At least if it turns out not to suit I can return it within 14 days. I'm looking forward to using the camera enormously although spending £2k was a wrench!

So...I did a thing today! I've ordered a Leica Q from MPB. I've craved one since they were announced...and a few weeks ago I found out that I have stomach cancer, and not bad indigestion after all. I've just started on my chemotherapy and immunotherapy, and all the indications are hopeful. But still, if possibly impending mortality can't loosen the purse strings, what else can? Anyway, the Q will arrive on Wednesday along with a leather half case and thumb rest. At least if it turns out not to suit I can return it within 14 days. I'm looking forward to using the camera enormously although spending £2k was a wrench!
Sorry to hear that news. But.. I do enjoy a good 'ol "**** it!" once in a while! I hope you can enjoy that camera for years to come!

All the best, Martin! On a more general note, things certainly seem to go sideways at the moment when it comes to the health and well-being of our members. Sobering times indeed ...

That said, apart from my best wishes for a desirable outcome, I hope the camera will give you the joy it promises.

M.

So I found a nice deal on a used/like new monitor including the stand.
IMG_1289.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I have a custom made Instax Mini (it's like ~95% coverage of 645 medium format) back for my Bronica ETRSi on the way. I really look forward to it!

It's very crazy that this has the potential to be cheaper than shooting 120 film!

Even cheap black and white film would be ~8 euro for 15 shots + developing (without pushing = another 8.5 euro)
So that's 16.5 euro for 15 shots = 110 cents per shot. And then I don't even have scans or prints 😅

Edit: to be fair I could develop the black and white film at home. But haven't taken that step yet..
If it was Instax Square or Wide I would be more interested in something like this. But I do love the idea of instant film with proper exposure control and lens variety.

That sounds like one of the coolest cameras EVER!
I’m just curious about one thing: if you cross a Bronica with an Instax… is it an Instica? Or a Brontax?!

I hope everything is okay Martin, enjoy the Leica - a friend of mine has two and really rates them

I'm starting to think that photography is bad for one's health. :eek:
You're the third member who's recently been walloped with some disheartening news.
I'm delighted you've decided on some positive action Martin and your physical and mental health is more important than a moderately healthy bank balance.
We all hope that you have a good outcome.

Edit: I'm getting a bit concerned that we haven't heard from @Herbert Hound for some time. I hope he's still on the road to recovery.

All the best Martin and I most definitely do understand.

Hoping for the best possible recovery, friend.

Huggles cuddles

All the very best with your treatment, Martin.

I'm going through a bit of an existential event myself, ATM, so very much empathise.

You almost made me wish I had cancer, too. Almost.

Seriously though, I've met so many people who have beat cancer these days it's really quite amazing. Best of luck with your treatments and your Leica!

Best wishes kicking cancer's posterior, and I hope you enjoy the Q.

Well Martin, all the best with your health, hopefully you'll be able to enjoy the Q despite the treatments, which probably aren't fun at all.

My Nikon AIS 180mm f2.8 finally arrived - a very handsome piece of glass

53542533873_92b5393d96_o.jpg
PXK55919 by Walter Kernow, on Flickr

Feels more compact than it looks on a D600

53542780985_65aa713654_o.jpg
PXK55920 by Walter Kernow, on Flickr

(although the cat is less impressed and walked straight past it)

53542533828_7e92e815e1_o.jpg
PXK55930 by Walter Kernow, on Flickr

Back