GAS: Please Share your Latest Acquisitions Big and Small

ggweci

Veteran
Feb 2, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Craig
Nice Bobby :thumbup:

I actually just received two 48” Neewer umbrella style octoboxes to replace my smaller 32” godox ones I had been using for the past 5 or 6 years. They had finally given out (cheap metal umbrella arms). The Neewer ones are MUCH better built and have Fiberglass (?) arms instead. And the price was right - $60 CAD for the pair. For the size, quick setup, and flexibility, that’s hard to beat.

BrianS

Super Moderator
Apr 3, 2013
A dozen items from KEH: clamp on lens hood, lens cases, pouches, etc- total $50. I'm making clamp-on Vented hoods for some of my lenses.
This is "take-2", I filed down one of the sections of the clamp to open up the "vent". Total cost: $7 each, vs $120 for the vintage clamp-on vented hoods.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

mnhoj

gee aahrr
Jan 27, 2012
Los Angeles
John
Lot's of goodies for the holidays. I was very bad good this xmas.

AD600 - Yes !!!
38" Glow para soft box - this things a beast, maybe too beastly for me.
Wescott X-drop with gray sweep - love it! I have a yearly project coming up and this is going to work perfectly.

mnhoj

gee aahrr
Jan 27, 2012
Los Angeles
John
I really liked the G85.
A great blend of value, performance, tech and ergonomics.

When I transitioned to an A7ii it took a little more getting used to than the usual.

Dec 31, 2013
Louisville, Ky
Lot's of goodies for the holidays. I was very bad good this xmas.

AD600 - Yes !!!
38" Glow para soft box - this things a beast, maybe too beastly for me.
Wescott X-drop with gray sweep - love it! I have a yearly project coming up and this is going to work perfectly.
Very nice kit!!! The X Drop is great for packing around on location. You can grab an eyelet tool/grommets and make a trip to the fabric store or hobby lobby to make your own drops for it.

ggweci

Veteran
Feb 2, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Craig
Very nice kit!!! The X Drop is great for packing around on location. You can grab an eyelet tool/grommets and make a trip to the fabric store or hobby lobby to make your own drops for it.
I also have the X-Drop kit and it is a neat quick setup backdrop, if a little narrow. When I ordered mine, they were on a nice sale so it was worth the price as the backdrops are pricey for what they are. In fact, a couple of years ago I went out and did just as Bobby suggested, but the fabric and grommets are still sitting in a drawer somewhere waiting to be put together. Be better than me if you go that route:biggrin:

What I like that they added that wasn’t an option when I got mine, are the longer 12ft drops. Much better for full body or product shots.

Last edited:

mnhoj

gee aahrr
Jan 27, 2012
Los Angeles
John
I also have the X-Drop kit and it is a neat quick setup backdrop, if a little narrow. When I ordered mine, they were on a nice sale so it was worth the price as the backdrops are pricey for what they are. In fact, a couple of years ago I went out and did just as Bobby suggested, but the fabric and grommets are still sitting in a drawer somewhere waiting to be put together. Be better than me if you go that route:biggrin:

What I like that they added that wasn’t an option when I got mine, are the longer 12ft drops. Much better for full body or product shots.
Another foot wider and I think it'd be perfect.
I'm going to give the diy a shot. I wouldn't mind a gray in standard length.
I'll post it when it's done and maybe it'll give you a little incentive to do yours. :)

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom