GAS: Please Share your Latest Acquisitions Big and Small

Graham Moore

Regular
Oct 15, 2018
Vancouver BC
Graham
My Olympus MC-20 2x teleconverter arrived today! Now to get some weather that's not so dark and rainy that I can't get a decent shutter speed or stand outdoors without shivering to try it out with both the 40-150 and 300.

tonyturley

Hall of Famer
Nov 24, 2014
Scott Depot, WV, USA
Tony
I really hadn't planned on returning to this thread anytime soon, but I found a mint Nikon 1 V1 system at an attractive price, and curiosity got the best of me. I've been spending a lot of time reading reviews and user forums, and scouring through Flickr samples. There were negative comments of the usual type found on the Web when people want to trash a product, but plenty of positive comments, too, including the blog of our own @john m flores. It arrived just in time for tomorrow's woodland adventure. We'll see how it goes.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

MoonMind

Hall of Famer
Dec 29, 2013
Switzerland
Matt
I really hadn't planned on returning to this thread anytime soon, but I found a mint Nikon 1 V1 system at an attractive price, and curiosity got the best of me. I've been spending a lot of time reading reviews and user forums, and scouring through Flickr samples. There were negative comments of the usual type found on the Web when people want to trash a product, but plenty of positive comments, too, including the blog of our own @john m flores. It arrived just in time for tomorrow's woodland adventure. We'll see how it goes.

View attachment 212571
You won't be disappointed - if you set your expectations correctly. This is a simple camera, maybe simplistic, but when used within its limitations, it's a really enjoyable tool. I use it with the two small and inexpensive primes (18.5mm - a gem! - and 10mm) and absolutely like what the camera brings to the table. It's one of the few cameras I never considered moving on ...

M.

tonyturley

Hall of Famer
Nov 24, 2014
Scott Depot, WV, USA
Tony
You won't be disappointed - if you set your expectations correctly. This is a simple camera, maybe simplistic, but when used within its limitations, it's a really enjoyable tool. I use it with the two small and inexpensive primes (18.5mm - a gem! - and 10mm) and absolutely like what the camera brings to the table. It's one of the few cameras I never considered moving on ...

M.
Thanks Matt. I had yours and John's experiences in mind when I decided to purchase the camera. Plenty of people have had good experiences with 1" sensors, and I wanted something that was compact and had reasonable IQ to carry with me on bike rides.

rayvonn

Hall of Famer
Jan 19, 2015
This was in a car boot sale in South East London and the guy, who really had no idea of its value, said ten pounds. I only got it because the lens on the camera is a Super-Takumar 55mm F2. I know from reviews of this lens as well as my ownership of the Super-Takumar 50mm F1.4 that this is one fine lens, full of radiation filled "character" and zeiss quality bokeh. I don't really need it atm and I don't even have a body, let alone an adapter for it to go on, but could you really walk past it at that price? I thought this kind of luck only happened to other people.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

MoonMind

Hall of Famer
Dec 29, 2013
Switzerland
Matt
I've pulled the trigger on two lenses: the Fujifilm 27mm f/2.8 and the Voigtländer Nokton 50mm f/1.5, both lightly used in great working condition. The two lenses may look quite different, but they're of the same kind: They're compact, yet pretty competent. With the 27mm mounted, the X-E3 finally becomes jacket-pocketable, whereas the Nokton f/1.5 takes over as one of my minimalist two-lens travel combo for M mount (with the Zeiss Biogon C 35mm f/2.8 being its congenial partner), supplanting both the Summicron M 50mm f/2 (because it's faster) and its mightier f/1.2 brother (because it's considerably smaller and lighter) for this specific use case. Add the Fujifilm 18-55mm, and I have a setup with two cameras and four lenses that all fit into my ONA Bowery without any problem: A wonderful setup for city/urban trips with a pretty consistent handling experience and impressive versatility. I'm looking forward to breaking in the lenses - "Single in April 2020" may well feature one of them (probably the 27mm).

M.

davidzvi

Top Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Boston Burbs
David
I've pulled the trigger on two lenses: the Fujifilm 27mm f/2.8 and the Voigtländer Nokton 50mm f/1.5, both lightly used in great working condition. The two lenses may look quite different, but they're of the same kind: They're compact, yet pretty competent. With the 27mm mounted, the X-E3 finally becomes jacket-pocketable, whereas the Nokton f/1.5 takes over as one of my minimalist two-lens travel combo for M mount (with the Zeiss Biogon C 35mm f/2.8 being its congenial partner), supplanting both the Summicron M 50mm f/2 (because it's faster) and its mightier f/1.2 brother (because it's considerably smaller and lighter) for this specific use case. Add the Fujifilm 18-55mm, and I have a setup with two cameras and four lenses that all fit into my ONA Bowery without any problem: A wonderful setup for city/urban trips with a pretty consistent handling experience and impressive versatility. I'm looking forward to breaking in the lenses - "Single in April 2020" may well feature one of them (probably the 27mm).

M.
The 27mm and 18mm were two of my favorite lenses with the X-E3 and loved that 27mm made it small enough to fit in my "pocket" bag (National Geographic NG1153). I highly recommend it if you want something REALLY small, fits the X-E3 with 1/2 case and 27mm + a spare battery.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom