GAS GAS: Please Share your Latest Acquisitions Big and Small

Picked up a gently used Leica X-1 last week. I just couldn't pass it up, price was too good. It came with the Leica OVF, the hand grip, extra battery, and a Domke F-5XB bag. The only thing that is wrong with it is the date/time doesn't hold when changing batteries. I haven't owned a Leica in thirty five years, since I sold my M3 and lenses.View attachment 220402

Sweet!

The DP2M arrived.
The write time reminds me of polaroid film but without the magical see it happen part.
AF will be fine for what I want.
Battery life could be called battery death. This thing kills em. The BP-41 is like 6 postage stamps stacked together. No wonder.
Speaking of batteries, the GR uses the same - enough to justify a GR/DP2M team up?
I think I have a workflow(semi painless) figured out.
And finally, the output is quite amazing.
I like it.

The DP2M arrived.
The write time reminds me of polaroid film but without the magical see it happen part.
AF will be fine for what I want.
Battery life could be called battery death. This thing kills em. The BP-41 is like 6 postage stamps stacked together. No wonder.
Speaking of batteries, the GR uses the same - enough to justify a GR/DP2M team up?
I think I have a workflow(semi painless) figured out.
And finally, the output is quite amazing.
I like it.

Sample images or it didn't happen!

Sample images or it didn't happen!

A walk around the shop..
Apr 28 2020274.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Apr 28 2020272.jpg

Apr 28 2020270.jpg

For several reasons- I found myself buying items off Ebay from individual sellers, the ones selling out of their house. I picked up the Beautiful rigid Sonnar 5cm f2 last week. That's the one that I sent an extra $25 after getting it- was so happy with the condition.
This week- a number of classic Walz vented hoods, and another Sonnar 5cm F2 with filters in a case. I figure the money I;m not spending on GAS driving to work can be used for GAS for nice-to-have items and maybe the money will help someone in a tight spot. My wife agreed that's a good use of the money.

Well folks the dreaded GAS has struck again, and I splashed the cash on a PD Travel Tripod the Carbon Fibre version . Bloody expensive I know but I would only fritter the money away on Wine, Women and Song! 🤗

Initial impressions are very good, and the tripod comes complete with everything one would need!

PDTT.jpg

PDTT2.jpg

Tomorrow, Fedex should be dropping off a Fuji TCL-X100 II for my X100V and a Fuji 50-230 XC II lens for the X-Pro2.

I was nosing about and found "couldn't pass them up deals". Seems the online sellers are starting to drop prices on a lot of the used stock....so taking advantage while I can find them.

I was so impressed by the WCL-X100 II that I thought I'd give the TCL a shot, since I much prefer the 50mm field of view. After seeing the 50-230mm samples on this sight, I decided to try and find a good deal on it and waited. I love the Fuji primes and wanted a 135/150/200 prime....but I'm not wanting to pay the price of the Fuji 200/2 nor carry that around for fun...so in decent light 50-230 can handle the bill!

Recently sold my Olympus E-P5 after picking a Refurb Pen F.
That led to heading down the M43 rabbit hole again...
These arrived yesterday: M.Zuiko ED 40-150R and Refurb M.Zuiko ED 12mm F2
This is the second time I have bought the 12mm. The first one was silver finished, this one is black to match the black Pen F.

I think I will still miss the E-P5, but it moved on to a good place.
EBFF7A3D-8131-4352-B055-1AEE9F3422B4_1_201_a.jpeg

Last edited:
Tomorrow, Fedex should be dropping off a Fuji TCL-X100 II for my X100V and a Fuji 50-230 XC II lens for the X-Pro2.

I was nosing about and found "couldn't pass them up deals". Seems the online sellers are starting to drop prices on a lot of the used stock....so taking advantage while I can find them.

I was so impressed by the WCL-X100 II that I thought I'd give the TCL a shot, since I much prefer the 50mm field of view. After seeing the 50-230mm samples on this sight, I decided to try and find a good deal on it and waited. I love the Fuji primes and wanted a 135/150/200 prime....but I'm not wanting to pay the price of the Fuji 200/2 nor carry that around for fun...so in decent light 50-230 can handle the bill!

I'll be interested to find out what you think of it and how it works when the X100v is already set to 50mm with the internal TC. My X70 at 35mm was pretty good, only OK at 50mm. So I have to wonder how native 35mm will do with one step digital and one step optical.

I really enjoyed the wide converter on the X70 I had. One issue I had was it didn't automatically recognize that the converter was on, I believe that has been rectified. But it would be interesting to see what the metadata records for with and without the digital and or optical TCs.

The other issue of course was weight. With the X100v you add the X100v + WCL + TCL and you're carrying around more than a Pen F + 12-45 PRO or the same as the Pen F + 12mm + 17mm + 25mm.

Picked up a very nice Nippon Kogaku Nikkor Q 135/3.5 that had been AI'd. Only $39 with hood and caps. Screaming deal on a great old Sonnar. Looking forward to using it. As an additional bonus, the hood will also fit the 105/2.5 Sonnar I recently bought and have off getting AI'd. Sweet!
20200501_125915.jpg
20200501_130055.jpg

Picked up this small (literally and financially) Q20ii flash to address some GAS during these lockdown times.

Plan to use it with my GRiii for some outdoor fill with leaf shutter sync speeds. It’s very compact and easy to slip into a bag or even a pocket if you’d want.

I have Godox flashes for my Sony, both on camera and off, but I may use this when packing lightly. It really takes up so little space and even though not overly powerful, it works in a pinch when you need a pop of light.

Neat that it comes without nice carry case, as well as CTO and coloured gels, to colour match or add some interesting light effects. It also works as a video light too, which may come in handy.

D9F4B90D-EBD4-458F-95EA-C4C79AFF23C8.jpeg

I'll be interested to find out what you think of it and how it works when the X100v is already set to 50mm with the internal TC. My X70 at 35mm was pretty good, only OK at 50mm. So I have to wonder how native 35mm will do with one step digital and one step optical.

I really enjoyed the wide converter on the X70 I had. One issue I had was it didn't automatically recognize that the converter was on, I believe that has been rectified. But it would be interesting to see what the metadata records for with and without the digital and or optical TCs.

The other issue of course was weight. With the X100v you add the X100v + WCL + TCL and you're carrying around more than a Pen F + 12-45 PRO or the same as the Pen F + 12mm + 17mm + 25mm.

I have not compared the "bare" lens and digital TC set to 50mm or the TCL with the digital TC active yet.

I will say that I did get a chance to get out today and test it. It is going to rain here tomorrow and Iwent straight out with it to give it a test.

To say Iove it would be an understatement. It just goes to prove to me that as much as I love the X100V and the 23/2, having an X100 with a 50mm field of view would be THE small compact camera for me.

I noticed only sharp images and I thought the X100V handled excellently with the TCL connected. If there is any degridation in the IQ, I'm not seeing it! I plan on starting a post with images that I took today....possibly even starting a "TCL" showcase thread.

I'll see about testing the other scenarios you've mentioned soon!

Last edited:
Well folks the dreaded GAS has struck again, and I splashed the cash on a PD Travel Tripod the Carbon Fibre version . Bloody expensive I know but I would only fritter the money away on Wine, Women and Song! 🤗

Initial impressions are very good, and the tripod comes complete with everything one would need!

View attachment 221240
View attachment 221241

A beautiful tripod, Mike.
I would say it both is - and was - money well spent.
You won't regret it for even one microsecond.
If it works as well as it looks, in fact....it may be the tripod-bargain-of-the-century.
Congrats!

Recently sold my Olympus E-P5 after picking a Refurb Pen F.
That led to heading down the M43 rabbit hole again...
These arrived yesterday: M.Zuiko ED 40-150R and Refurb M.Zuiko ED 12mm F2
This is the second time I have bought the 12mm. The first one was silver finished, this one is black to match the black Pen F.

I think I will still miss the E-P5, but it moved on to a good place.View attachment 221425

The 40-150 is a fine jack-of-all-trades --- but I suspect the 12mm lens may be a true gem.
Congratulations and felicitations!

After shooting with my relatively ancient and oh-so-tiny Ricoh GRDiii (did I mention how tiny it is?) for the last few weeks - and discovering (this time around, for a change) some of the more fun aspects to shooting one-handed Ricoh-style .... I couldn't resist when I discovered another photographer selling a lightly used GRII.

It's around the same size as the Ricoh GR I owned a few years ago, but either it fits my hands better, or I have matured a little more into understanding the physical ecology of Ricoh's. It looks smallish in this photo--

GRii_Front.jpg

But it is actually on the gargantuan side compared to the GRDiii.
The rear screen is excellent--

GRii_Rear.jpg

I had forgotten just how good the combination of that 28mm lens with the sensor can be.
The only other thing that strikes me with this camera is that, though I know the GRiii's new sensor gives it vastly improved higher ISO capabilities, the GRII seems more than capable, by my admittedly none-too-demanding standards, for available (low) light shooting--

GRII_May2_autorretrato(Sepia).jpg

I had problems really 'clicking' with the GR I owned a years back, but this GR II 'feels' a lot nicer to me than my 1st-gen GR did -- and I can't help wondering if most of my former problems with its predecessor weren't of my own making.

To be (hopefully) continued...

Last edited:
Back