GAS: Please Share your Latest Acquisitions Big and Small

drd1135

Zen Snapshooter
Real Name
Steve
Fortunately, I did not buy an A9 while doing Windows shopping. Unfortunately, I did purchase:
epl3.jpg

and
ep3.jpg

This does complete my collection of 12 MP Olympus Pens, ending our long national nightmare.

Jonathan F/2

Top Veteran
Your car?
I was just looking at those the other day. They hold their value well. 😳

I found a low mileage body for a good price, so I snatched it up quick!

View attachment 230425

I would love an A9. Budget doesn’t allow just yet.

Congrats! I’m sure you’ll enjoy it. The AF is incredible.

My budget doesn't allow it either, so I definitely need to sell some gear to fund it! The AF and fast read out is the big draw for me. My Nikon kit will probably see a lens reduction!

MiguelATF

Hall of Famer
Talent, Oregon (far from the madding crowd)
Real Name
Miguel Tejada-Flores
Fortunately, I did not buy an A9 while doing Windows shopping. Unfortunately, I did purchase:
View attachment 230434
and
View attachment 230435

This does complete my collection of 12 MP Olympus Pens, ending our long national nightmare.

The handsome specimen on top is...an E-PL1, right?
And if I ain't mistaken, its even more handsome sibling is the same model I currently own, a Pen E-P3 - correct?

They are quite a pair.
Do you think you could treat us to a group portrait?

MiguelATF

Hall of Famer
Talent, Oregon (far from the madding crowd)
Real Name
Miguel Tejada-Flores
I sold my E-P5 back in May and got a refurb Pen F.
But, I almost immediately missed the E-P5. I like the form factor, size and handling better. And actually seem to prefer the results over the Pen F.
So I found a lightly used E-P5 with some extras (four batteries, 14-42mm lens, and a flash) for the same price I sold my E-P5.
Arrived today. Looks like a keeper. Now the big question is should I sell the Pen-F...
View attachment 230240

The E-P5 is really just as good as the Pen-F in most significant ways - but it's such a fine camera in its own right that it could easily replace your Pen-F....especially if you're not really using it that much. The only additional extra which would be nice would be one of those cool hot-shoe-mounted Olympus EVF's - I remember the one I shot with years ago (atop an E-PL2 body) was everything that I wanted or needed.

The EP5 is such a beautifully designed camera, too.......

Congrats!

donlaw

Hall of Famer
Real Name
Don
The E-P5 is really just as good as the Pen-F in most significant ways - but it's such a fine camera in its own right that it could easily replace your Pen-F....especially if you're not really using it that much. The only additional extra which would be nice would be one of those cool hot-shoe-mounted Olympus EVF's - I remember the one I shot with years ago (atop an E-PL2 body) was everything that I wanted or needed.

The EP5 is such a beautifully designed camera, too.......

Congrats!
I fully agree with you Miguel. I bought my first E-P5 new. Then used it for years with travel as well as for a couple of our single in challenges on this forum. Like its predecessors the E-P1 and E-P3 (both of which I had for a time) it has the styling of the original Olympus Pen half frame film cameras. That retro style and size make the Pens a rather nice jacket pocket camera. Due to the retro design, more than once I had people ask me if it was in fact a film camera.
The Pen F, while featuring some remarkably cool retro features itself, is proportioned differently and grew just enough to not easily fit in a jacket pocket. I have yet to fully adjust to the differences and truly missed the more familiar and really fully mature featured E-P5.
I have actually never tried one of the EVF attachments. But now that you mentioned it, I will keep a watch for one to try. The limitations of composing with the screen has proven to be not insurmountable, but nevertheless a problem in bright sunny situations.
I haven’t given up completely on the Pen F, but might consider trading it off for one of the OMD bodies if I can’t warm up to it a bit more in the coming months.

Last edited:

tonyturley

Legend
Real Name
Tony
View attachment 230434
and
View attachment 230435

There have been a lot of camera purchases on this forum in just the past few days, including me. Either we're all COVID-mad, or greatly inspired by SiJ 20 . . . or we just all had major flare-ups of GAS. Good stuff!

mike3996

Hall of Famer
I think I'll get a subscription to ReidReviews.com. This feels like the dumbest thing -- paying someone to let me read more GAS-inducing articles?!

But I have to acknowledge that this thing here is part of the hobby. And everyone just raves about Reid's expertise.

Latest threads

Top Bottom